Windows 10 Purchase

BrygonSan

Anyone have any reliable sites that sell Windows 10 for a good deal? 

Thank you, 

Bryant 

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: Asus Z170-Deluxe ATX LGA1151 Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8 GB) DDR4-3200 Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M.2-2280 NVME & 1TB HDD GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB PSU: Corsair RMi 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Monitor: Dell AW3418DW 34.1" Ultrawide Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower

eBay is where I got my keys.  If they don't work then eBay will likely cover you.  You can also check the seller's ratings.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, fakeasshandsomemcgee said:

You can use any old Windows 7 or 8 key to activate a Windows 10 install. Could even be an OEM key you find on the sticker of an old PC/Laptop... 

Really isn't worth buying Windows these days! 

Ah ok this is good info! Thanks

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: Asus Z170-Deluxe ATX LGA1151 Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8 GB) DDR4-3200 Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M.2-2280 NVME & 1TB HDD GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB PSU: Corsair RMi 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Monitor: Dell AW3418DW 34.1" Ultrawide Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower

Just now, nick name said:

eBay is where I got my keys.  If they don't work then eBay will likely cover you.  You can also check the seller's ratings.  

Thanks! I'll look into this as well. 

52 minutes ago, nick name said:

I've used this method to 'activate' Win 10 on 3 different PC's...it's always gone pretty smoothly and usually doesn't cost more than $5.

Microsoft store, Newegg, any other retail store. Rest are not what I would call reliable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Microsoft store, Newegg, any other retail store. Rest are not what I would call reliable.

What do you mean by 'reliable'? Either the keys work or they don't - If they are invalid, you ask for a refund.

Anways, I've never had any issues with the many product keys I've purchased through ebay...however, most of the time I never activate Windows because it still has 99% of the functionality anyways. I can live with a 'Activate Windows' watermark in the corner of my desktop...

51 minutes ago, Stu_Bear said:

Question is...why is Microsoft not paying me for all the data they collect and sell ?

This is why I really don't feel bad about rarely registering or using keys purchased off of ebay. For what it's worth, I always ensure I turn the data collection options off.

1 minute ago, steelo said:

This is why I really don't feel bad about never registering. For what it's worth, I always ensure I turn the data collection options off.

I think Microsoft is smart enough that those "options" aren't really "options"...i know i sound paranoid, but last time I signed into my online Microsoft account...it was disturbing.

Just now, Stu_Bear said:

I think Microsoft is smart enough that those "options" aren't really "options"...i know i sound paranoid, but last time I signed into my online Microsoft account...it was disturbing.

Oh, I'm sure those 'options' don't actually do anything...

Great question OP. I never seen this question on this forum before. :)

15 hours ago, Stu_Bear said:

Question is...why is Microsoft not paying me for all the data they collect and sell ?

Bigger question is, why you pay to so many more parties for the data they collect on you, but somehow MS is different...

As for my opinion of sellers reliability. I wouldn't buy from grey markets. Thats about it. You can search my points, I have no interest to write them again here. Main will still be that by buying from grey markets, you can't know for sure how the key was acquired. You could be supporting legit business scavenging keys off dead hardware. You could also support pirate or thief. No way of knowing for sure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/5/2020 at 11:03 AM, homeap5 said:

Great question OP. I never seen this question on this forum before. :)

Thanks for awesome compliment! Very much appreciated! I'll try to come up with more ?

Thanks for your responses everyone! 

1 minute ago, BrygonSan said:

Thanks for awesome compliment! Very much appreciated! I'll try to come up with more ?

Ask how to install Windows - nobody ask it before too. :)

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Ask how to install Windows - nobody ask it before too. :)

You care to explain how? You seem like a very knowledgeable person.. (; 

4 minutes ago, BrygonSan said:

You care to explain how? You seem like a very knowledgeable person.. (; 

Don't know how. Nobody wants to made any tutorial. For now I'm using my computer as RGB lamp and write on this forum using phone (it has preinstalled Android).

1 minute ago, homeap5 said:

Don't know how. Nobody wants to made any tutorial. For now I'm using my computer as RGB lamp and write on this forum using phone (it has preinstalled Android).

COOL!