Stock 2080 Super FE at 85°, normal?

Joaquin RP
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

If it's like 20 - 30 degrees C in your room it could definitely be considered normal.

You can lower the temps by increasing the fans speeds, which would obviously have it make more noise.

My 2080 Super runs at 85° at stock, is this normal? I feel it's too hot for CoD: MW

If it's like 20 - 30 degrees C in your room it could definitely be considered normal.

You can lower the temps by increasing the fans speeds, which would obviously have it make more noise.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

Oh ok, yeah it's around 21°~22° in my room. Thanks. I'll open the window I guess.

Quick question. When I do OC it, and bump the fans all the way up to 80%, it stills get hot, even though it's a fairly light OC. Any tips?

Put a better cooler on it. There is a limit to how much you can cool things. Physics is a bitch. The founder's cooler isn't exactly all that great either. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

2 minutes ago, Lord Xeb said:

Put a better cooler on it. There is a limit to how much you can cool things. Physics is a bitch. The founder's cooler isn't exactly all that great either. 

I plan to do a custom loop in the future, but as for now I'm broke bro. Thanks anyway

Just now, Joaquin RP said:

I plan to do a custom loop in the future, but as for now I'm broke bro. Thanks anyway

All good. New thermal paste could help a little but really not much sadly. Just at the limit of how much heat the cooler can take away and dissipate. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD