Wired mouse zig-zag motion

Hi everybody! :) 
Here is the issue I've been having:
The PC in my parents' house all of a sudden started having problems with the mouse cursor. More specifically the cursor moves in almost a zig-zag motion when you try to follow a straight line..it also moves much slower than before (I needed to up the dpi level quite higher than before). The problem is so bad that the pc is unusable! After testing I realised this only happens with wired mice no matter which usb port I choose to connect them to (I already checked the mice and they're fully working on other PCs). I tried reinstalling drivers even a fresh windows 10 installation but no luck! My wired mouse used to work just fine with the same OS and hardware..I'm afraid the problem lies in some hardware (I'd say cpu or motherboard) defect!
The PC is quite old with a modded lga 775 mobo and an E5450 Xeon (custom latest bios) and a gtx 760
This however shouldnt be a problem since like I said it used to work just fine even in windows 10!
Any ideas would be much appreciated! I would really like to avoid upgrading the platform till a few years down the line..
Thanks in advance! :)

PS. For now I've resorted to using a wireless mouse wich seems to work fine but it's of much lower quality than my wired one :/ 

Is it a ball type mouse or a laser type mouse?

if it’s a ball clean the ball. If it’s a laser type make sure there’s no crap on the pad or stuck to the bottom.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thanks for the answer but I'm sure it's not the mouse's problem since:

A. the same happens with other wired mice

B. I've tested the mouse on another PC and it works just fine

Are there any cats in the house.... ???? LOL... JK..

But this is crazy... Did you try the front USB Ports...?

Is there a PS2 connection on the PC, can you try that?

1 hour ago, John120196 said:

Thanks for the answer but I'm sure it's not the mouse's problem since:

A. the same happens with other wired mice

B. I've tested the mouse on another PC and it works just fine

Mouse pad?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.