Crosshair Hero VII boot issues

ok so I have a Crosshair Hero VII motherboard with a 2700 a 360mm aio for cooling the cpu and 2 8gig sticks of teamgroup Vulcan ram 3000 mhz. I recently updated to the 2501 bios as my board shipped with an earlier bios revision and I figured this one would improve performance/stability. anyhow after the bios update I went to bed and let windows download its updates, woke up rebooted the cpu after the updates finished downloading and got a Q code 8 aloneside a yellow Qled which indicates a possible memory issue but the manual isn't specific about this error the manual lists the error as System Agent initialization after microcode loading below is a list of things I have tried

remove all drives from mobo and boot 

try one ram stick at a time in each Dimm slot

clear cmos

oddly enough I can clear the cmos and get into the bios but the moment I exit the bios I get the same Q code 8 error im stumped theres no way both ram sticks are bad as they worked in my old B450 tomahawk board before I upgraded to the new board. I don't have a spare cpu to test with the ram or with the board so my only guess can be that my cpu is bad or maybe its IMC mem controller is bad idk but I see on google that many people seem to have a similar issue with little ot no solutions only thing I haven't tried aside from a bios update is going into the bios and manually setting my vcore soc and dram volts to see if I can boot

all drivers are up to date including the chipset drivers im stumped

why would you upgrade from a b450 tomahawk? anyway, have you tried the ram in slots 2 and 4?

21 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

why would you upgrade from a b450 tomahawk? anyway, have you tried the ram in slots 2 and 4?

yes I have same issue also I upgraded because the tomahawk had the crappy gse lite bios it was a non max board

Gah, update the bios on upper tier board, no longer likes the bugdet memory.

Not always an issue mixing budget parts into the rig, but sometimes this kind of thing happens.

Is that the 65$ 16-18-18 kit??

Maybe try manual timing 16-16-16 and 1.35v just for 2133mhz, do not set xmp. See if that helps.

Are you on?  Also, use the latest 3004 BIOS.  I'll be here if you haven't solved this yet.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

3 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Gah, update the bios on upper tier board, no longer likes the bugdet memory.

Not always an issue mixing budget parts into the rig, but sometimes this kind of thing happens.

Is that the 65$ 16-18-18 kit??

Maybe try manual timing 16-16-16 and 1.35v just for 2133mhz, do not set xmp. See if that helps.

Team Group RAM is fine, haven't had any issues with the 5 basic bitch kits I've used with Ryzen. You can get G.Skill Ripjaws V for that price sometimes too, and that stuff is solid, also had no issues with that on my X370 and B450 boards. I highly doubt how much the RAM cost is affecting it. 

Manually setting timings is gud though, sometimes XMP can be really funky, and often keying in the exact same settings - but manually - works fine. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

4 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Team Group RAM is fine, haven't had any issues with the 5 basic bitch kits I've used with Ryzen. You can get G.Skill Ripjaws V for that price sometimes too, and that stuff is solid, also had no issues with that on my X370 and B450 boards. I highly doubt how much the RAM cost is affecting it. 

Manually setting timings is gud though, sometimes XMP can be really funky, and often keying in the exact same settings - but manually - works fine. 

The low end kits can work. But not always well, not even to the xmp ratings.

Have 3000 kits here. They are a pain in the butt to say the least. They dont just post and go like one would hope. So I dont use them in my personal rigs......

7 hours ago, nick name said:

Are you on?  Also, use the latest 3004 BIOS.  I'll be here if you haven't solved this yet.  

@nick name i was able to get the pc to boot into windows where i updated the amd chipset drivers to the new jan 6 2020 drivers so far so good cant say for sure if problem is fixed im gonna stress test my cpu then my ram to see if stable ill keep you posted

Don't forget the BIOS.  There were fan issues on those earlier BIOS versions.

And if it helps -- I only see Q Code 8 after a shutdown due to insufficient power.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

6 hours ago, nick name said:

Don't forget the BIOS.  There were fan issues on those earlier BIOS versions.

And if it helps -- I only see Q Code 8 after a shutdown due to insufficient power.  

@nick name im currently on the 2901 november 2019 bios so far no qcode 8 at all been running the system all day no errors ill keep you posted

I can't remember if 2901 had any fan issues.  Keep an eye (or ear) out for your fans stopping.