Upgrading PC, i7 9700k or Ryzen 9 3900X?

I'm upgrading my PC in prep for Half-Life: Alyx.  Just wanted to get your guys opinion.  Which is better for primarily VR gaming (but also light to medium editing in premiere and after effects):  i7 9700k or Ryzen 9 3900X?  I will be pairing it with an RTX 2080 SUPER and 32gb ram.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, peeps4321 said:

I'm upgrading my PC in prep for Half-Life: Alyx.  Just wanted to get your guys opinion.  Which is better for primarily VR gaming (but also light to medium editing in premiere and after effects):  i7 9700k or Ryzen 9 3900X?  I will be pairing it with an RTX 2080 SUPER and 32gb ram.

Thanks

If you care to milk every ounce of performance from your 2080Super, get Intel.

LTT had a video for "budget editing station", it had a Ryzen 5 3600. Though 3900x would allow you to render your video faster.

Also, both CPU are on different tier. $500USD CPU compared to $350USD CPU.

If you were considering 9900k, I would personally get that instead of 3900X for my personally system. As I care about milking every single ounce of performance from my GPU.

Full time technology enthusiast, part time IT.

Depending on your particular work loads in Premiere and AE, it could go either way. Some tasks benefit from more cores, and others benefit from fewer faster cores.

You probably need to analyze your existing workload by watching your system usage while performing your work tasks, or if your current system is too slow to get any decent info that way, then you may need to investigate your specific use cases on the Adobe forums/support.