DS concept gameplay ideas

Nagby

hi, i did a concept for a new DS (the rumored DS fusion) and just for fun, try to find gameplays possible for it (for big games like mario/zelda or minigame games, like wario ware and rythme X)

some technical specs before starting : 
- there is in fact 3 screns, bottom one with haptic feedback when used with the stylus, and at the top, 2 transparent screens with backlighting all around it, the 3 screens are the same size (2 top screens could give a 3D effect by displaying 2 different plans or for 2 players on 1 DS, with 2nd player in front of the DS holder, and both will see the other screen trough their
-there is a cover the size of the screens that is magneted
-the stylus is flat and magneted to be left inside the closed DS without bothering or taking room inside the DS
-there is in total 15 buttons (12 without power, home and TV buttons) 2x4 action buttons on the side of the bottom screen, 2 triggers, and 2 back buttons (like ZR/ZL on wiiu) and 2 sticks

here is all the possibilities : 
-8 "holdings" ,4 rotations and 2 flips (everything isn't usefull, but side rotation would be to use it like a wiimote because there is a pointer on the side of the DS to use in on a wii or wiiu)
-3 screen angles, 0° (closed), ~160° (normal opened DS), 360° (like closed but with screen on both sides and action buttons and sticks accesible)
-4 cover places, can be over one of the screens or on the back if you need to have all screens free
-4 camera places, there is 2 cameras that can be looking in or out, if both cameras are on the same side it become a 3D camera (and so could be used for augmented reality, or kinect like things)
-2 tactile possibilities, finger or stylus (stylus is the most precise and give the haptic feedback on bottom screen, but if the screens need to be touched quickly and get back to buttons, finger is better)

with all that you get 768 possible gameplays ^^ (even if 3/4 are useless)

Pretty cool, bit pointy though, could be some horrible accidents.LOL

How long did it take you to do this. It is fairly detailed and I like the reflections. Makes it seem more real.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

the sharp looking is because i made it on sketchup, there is no tool to really soften cleanly edges ^^

and the rendering didn't take be too long (to set, render time was around 10h) i use keyshot