k70 with bad LED?

serjizzalot

just received my Corsair K70 today and while i was using it in the dark,  I noticed that the spacebar lit up more on one side than the other. After removing the spacebar cap, I noticed that the left LED was loose and did not lit up. is this normal? I have heard stories about them having bad LEDs that would shorten out. is this what happened?

http://imgur.com/tD8SYgk

Fractal R4 / intel i7 4770k / Gigabyte Z87X-OC / Noctua NH-C14 / Corsair AX850 PSU / Sapphire 7950 OC 3GB / 4x4GB Corsair dominatior platinum / 3TB and 2TB seagate barracuda HHD / 2x Samsung Evo 250GB

RMA it.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Yup. thats a bad led. RMA if it bothers you too much.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Thanks, Y'all. I will RMA it.

Fractal R4 / intel i7 4770k / Gigabyte Z87X-OC / Noctua NH-C14 / Corsair AX850 PSU / Sapphire 7950 OC 3GB / 4x4GB Corsair dominatior platinum / 3TB and 2TB seagate barracuda HHD / 2x Samsung Evo 250GB

My keyboard has a similar problem, 6 of the LEDs dont light up at all. i just saw another post with some of their keyboard's LEDs not working as well.

my suggestion is if it is a real problem for you then RMA it but if it doesnt matter to you then dont.

the other post...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117484-k70-leds-dropping-like-fireflies/