ARGB led limitation

SweatyWhiteJedi

Ok so here's my problem. I am working on an ITX build and I am looking to have two addressable rgb strips under the case as an under-glow. The problem is that the total length of the case is 277mm and the shortest strips I can find are 300mm. I know that you can cut led strips however the problem is that I only have 1 ARGB header on the motherboard and I want to have a strip on each side of the bottom so if I cut the strips I can't daisy chain them. Anyone have an idea? 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/12Sulljo/saved/GwVF8d

diy

231447690_mbargbpsupowerdiagramupdate2.thumb.jpg.af9a2d1bb94f2f3d19d65e4bbe19a92a.jpg

or you can buy a powered hub

oh i think i get what you want. for the second strip instead of garbing data and ground from the mb grab it from the end of the first strip

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

diy

231447690_mbargbpsupowerdiagramupdate2.thumb.jpg.af9a2d1bb94f2f3d19d65e4bbe19a92a.jpg

or you can buy a powered hub

oh i think i get what you want. for the second strip instead of garbing data and ground from the mb grab it from the end of the first strip

Yeah I want to have one cable leave the case that powers both strips, the total number of led's isn't the problem, its running two strips and having them connect since I have to cut both of them so they will fit. 

10 minutes ago, SweatyWhiteJedi said:

Yeah I want to have one cable leave the case that powers both strips, the total number of led's isn't the problem, its running two strips and having them connect since I have to cut both of them so they will fit. 

so how do you want to get the cable out? drill a hole or out an pci slot? i my self will be putting rgb strip on the bottom of my case too but im just drilling a hole and i got rgb 90 degree corners that ill mount to the bottom.

all you really doing is cutting the strip and adding an extension with wires

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

so how do you want to get the cable out? drill a hole or out an pci slot? i my self will be butting rgb strip on the bottom of my case too but im just drilling a hole and i got rgb 90 degree corners that ill mount to the bottom.

all you really doing is cutting the strip and adding an extension with wires

Can you do an extension with addressable rgbs? Are there any guides to this? I'd be fine with doing a square shape on the bottom instead of just 2 strips. 

18 minutes ago, SweatyWhiteJedi said:

Can you do an extension with addressable rgbs? Are there any guides to this? I'd be fine with doing a square shape on the bottom instead of just 2 strips. 

ya you can cut them  in the middle of the copper pads and just solder wires to it

rgb_cut_tut.jpg

rgb cut.jpg

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya you can cut them  in the middle of the copper pads and just solder wires to it

rgb_cut_tut.jpg

My strips don't have a cut point, and they are also 3 pin, is there a non soldering way? I've seen right angle clips for the 4 pin rgbs but not for the addressable ones.

16 minutes ago, SweatyWhiteJedi said:

My strips don't have a cut point, and they are also 3 pin, is there a non soldering way? I've seen right angle clips for the 4 pin rgbs but not for the addressable ones.

what strips you got? ya there are non soldering clips but imo solder better. i cant find cheaper ammazon being stupid.

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

what strips you got? ya there are non soldering clips but imo solder better. i cant find cheaper ammazon being stupid.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DPNNTHJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The issue is that I would like for the end of one to connect to the end of another but they have to be shorter than 25mm and if I need to get different strips that's fine, I just want to make sure they are addressable so I can run it off of my asus aura

6 minutes ago, SweatyWhiteJedi said:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DPNNTHJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The issue is that I would like for the end of one to connect to the end of another but they have to be shorter than 25mm and if I need to get different strips that's fine, I just want to make sure they are addressable so I can run it off of my asus aura

ya looks like you will need different strips. keep in mind that other strips use an jst-sm connector different form what you mb connector is so then you going to have to get an adapter

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya looks like you will need different strips.

any idea on what cut-able ARGB strips to get? 

7 minutes ago, SweatyWhiteJedi said:

any idea on what cut-able ARGB strips to get? 

that will be up to you as there so many. you have to pic how many leds per meter you want as long as the strip has the copper pads it should be cut able like the the pic.