Are SteelSeries H-Wireless available in the UK? Will they be?

Go to solution Solved by zuboici,

Hmm... Ever considered using Skype as your telephone service? Also, MagicJack has worked pretty good for an older friend of mine. You can configure it to use your PC's headset: http://www.ehow.com/how_4547337_magic-jack-use-computers-headset.html

I realize switching service providers might not be what you initially had in mind, and it might not even be up to you, but just throwing out options.

For the TV, I've never heard of latency issues when using the onboard inputs, and just using the "Listen to this device" feature. I used it with an Xbox for awhile and never had a problem.

Good ideas but we have shall I say... issues with broadband here. We get 175 KB/sec download (1.4mbps) and our line is so bad mainstream companies say it can't sustain a connection that would be within their QOS rules so they can't offer us anything.

We're with a fairly local supplier and we need to keep them sweet by letting them do the whole phone/BB package. It's a beehatch but we're stuck phone supplier wise and can't properly use internet services.

I mention latency because my sound is actually a tiny bit AHEAD of the picture when watching upstairs! The old CRT TV downstairs has faster signal processing (no ana/digi conversion so I think that's technically no latency at all!) than the flatscreen upstairs.

In any case I found SteelSeries have a UK shop. When the actual GBP price appears I can't help thinking these are out of my reach.

Either those or I buy one of  the other ones in the  Linus youtube review.

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 | 2500k | 16GB Geil 1866 | Seasonic g360 | Windforce GTX660 | SSDs: 250GB 840 + 2x240GB m500 Striped | Spinners: 640GB 2.5" + 2x2TB Mirrored

QFR : TKStealth : Noctua : Abyssus : Nostromo : Dell & Asus screens on my Lavolta Triple

7 is my main OS + several VMs on my 500GB SSD Stripe

>Gaming headphone.

>Wireless.

You can do better. 

I nearly said "didn't you even watch the videos?" except I didn't link them. Astro A50   Corsair Vengeance 2100  Steelseries H Wireless

I need the freedom of wireless, I *must* have analog in/out as I'll be mixing PC/TV/Phone and the ear cups look comfy for hours and hours of use. Also +1 for really good range and for isolation while I'm trying to code. These headphones might cover all use cases I have.

What would you suggest as an alternative?

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 | 2500k | 16GB Geil 1866 | Seasonic g360 | Windforce GTX660 | SSDs: 250GB 840 + 2x240GB m500 Striped | Spinners: 640GB 2.5" + 2x2TB Mirrored

QFR : TKStealth : Noctua : Abyssus : Nostromo : Dell & Asus screens on my Lavolta Triple

I nearly said "didn't you even watch the videos?" except I didn't link them. Astro A50   Corsair Vengeance 2100  Steelseries H Wireless

I need the freedom of wireless, I *must* have analog in/out as I'll be mixing PC/TV/Phone and the ear cups look comfy for hours and hours of use. Also +1 for really good range and for isolation while I'm trying to code. These headphones might cover all use cases I have.

What would you suggest as an alternative?

A pair of headphones with a really long cable? For production/mixing, even though you should never mix on headphones, 7506 or DT770M. 

wireless .

I'm not making music. I'm playing the TV and the PC and sometimes the telephone through one set of headphones. Sometimes I'll be on a different floor. No cable is long enough for that.

So does anyone know which countries the H-Wireless are available? I should ask SteelSeries directly.

wireless .

I'm not making music. I'm playing the TV and the PC and sometimes the telephone through one set of headphones. Sometimes I'll be on a different floor. No cable is long enough for that.

So does anyone know which countries the H-Wireless are available? I should ask SteelSeries directly.

Reading disabilities, brother. 

The thing is that wireless in its own right, even from audio companies, sucks. Lets say you buy a $300 wireless headphone from a real audio company. It will sound like a $100ish dollar headphone. $200ish for no wires is a bit of a hardcore waste. 

Now if you buy $300 from a gaming company instead of an audio company......Probably getting the quality of a $50, due to a poorly designed wireless solution, amp and circuit, and driver.....

Or you could get a pair of headphones with a 3m cable. 

Picture this:

TV downstairs in office, TV upstairs in living room where I go after work. I can pipe my own Sky TV signal to the TV upstairs by swapping aerial cables over and as long as the downstairs TV is on and has the wireless transmitter plugged into it, I can watch upstairs and hear the sound too. A cable would mean I can't go make a sandwich or get a beer.

Now, my current office setup means when I take a phone call, I have to use the phone. If I had that connected to headphones, It would be a lot more professional than breaking my neck holding the phone on my shoulder while I type details.

So the downstairs thing appears NOT to need wireless and yes I have wired headphones ATM but even if I get/make a combiner (or dig out my old 10 channel mixer) I still can't get up and walk around if I want to, which I do.

I'm trying to buy 'good' wireless headphones in the full foreknowledge that there's no such thing but coming from a place where I already use bad wireless headphones combined with wired and a separate telephone. Nothing can be as inconvenient as that.

Picture this:

TV downstairs in office, TV upstairs in living room where I go after work. I can pipe my own Sky TV signal to the TV upstairs by swapping aerial cables over and as long as the downstairs TV is on and has the wireless transmitter plugged into it, I can watch upstairs and hear the sound too. A cable would mean I can't go make a sandwich or get a beer.

Now, my current office setup means when I take a phone call, I have to use the phone. If I had that connected to headphones, It would be a lot more professional than breaking my neck holding the phone on my shoulder while I type details.

So the downstairs thing appears NOT to need wireless and yes I have wired headphones ATM but even if I get/make a combiner (or dig out my old 10 channel mixer) I still can't get up and walk around if I want to, which I do.

I'm trying to buy 'good' wireless headphones in the full foreknowledge that there's no such thing but coming from a place where I already use bad wireless headphones combined with wired and a separate telephone. Nothing can be as inconvenient as that.

Then RS220 is about as not garbage as you are going to get. 

Reading disabilities, brother. 

The thing is that wireless in its own right, even from audio companies, sucks. Lets say you buy a $300 wireless headphone from a real audio company. It will sound like a $100ish dollar headphone. $200ish for no wires is a bit of a hardcore waste. 

Now if you buy $300 from a gaming company instead of an audio company......Probably getting the quality of a $50, due to a poorly designed wireless solution, amp and circuit, and driver.....

Or you could get a pair of headphones with a 3m cable. 

Then RS220 is about as not garbage as you are going to get. 

Don't see a Mic. Telephones are for two way convo, even if I'm on one end. (not to mention the £375ness)

I'll repost asking for garbage wireless h/phones then you can give me some advice.

Don't see a Mic. Telephones are for two way convo, even if I'm on one end. (not to mention the £375ness)

I'll repost asking for garbage wireless h/phones then you can give me some advice.

Hold up a minute, doesn't mean that you don't have mic options, do you have to have the mic everywhere, or just at the phone's desk? 

Just let him buy the freaking H Wireless, Mr. Rarity. Pointing out the inferior sound quality for the money is fine, but don't shove it down the dude's throat. Sennheiser's wireless solutions are rather shoddy, so a gaming headset that focuses on connection quality is a better bet if you're actually moving room to room. 

That said, $300 for a wireless headphone is a high premium to pay. If OP's just using PC I'd vote for the Corsair 2100 since it's, you know, half the price.

Hold up a minute, doesn't mean that you don't have mic options, do you have to have the mic everywhere, or just at the phone's desk? 

You very nearly have a point here... Prob with a desk mic is if I turn away from it or maybe I need to go check a product (in the garage) to confirm a specification to a potential buyer. It might as well be attached to the headset like professional phone operator ones are. I've considered a binaural phone operator rig but it's gonna be 90% non-phone calls so primarily has to be a reasonable set of headphones.

Just let him buy the freaking H Wireless, Mr. Rarity. Pointing out the inferior sound quality for the money is fine, but don't shove it down the dude's throat. Sennheiser's wireless solutions are rather shoddy, so a gaming headset that focuses on connection quality is a better bet if you're actually moving room to room. 

That said, $300 for a wireless headphone is a high premium to pay. If OP's just using PC I'd vote for the Corsair 2100 since it's, you know, half the price.

+1 for some sense but,

I'd jump at the Corsair option if I thought I could make the system as a whole work.

The chances of getting a telephone signal to go into and out of the PC reliably is low I think - I looked into PC based telephony software and a USB thing ages ago. It cost money and didn't work.

To get TV sound in and back out of a PC with little enough latency for it to be watchable I suspect is also unlikely.

I'd need a "good" soundcard then that debate gets like this one only even more expensive.,

I might dig the old USB phone thing out and see if I can understand the ?Korean? instructions this time.

+1 for some sense but,

I'd jump at the Corsair option if I thought I could make the system as a whole work.

The chances of getting a telephone signal to go into and out of the PC reliably is low I think - I looked into PC based telephony software and a USB thing ages ago. It cost money and didn't work.

To get TV sound in and back out of a PC with little enough latency for it to be watchable I suspect is also unlikely.

I'd need a "good" soundcard then that debate gets like this one only even more expensive.,

I might dig the old USB phone thing out and see if I can understand the ?Korean? instructions this time.

Hmm... Ever considered using Skype as your telephone service? Also, MagicJack has worked pretty good for an older friend of mine. You can configure it to use your PC's headset: http://www.ehow.com/how_4547337_magic-jack-use-computers-headset.html

I realize switching service providers might not be what you initially had in mind, and it might not even be up to you, but just throwing out options.

For the TV, I've never heard of latency issues when using the onboard inputs, and just using the "Listen to this device" feature. I used it with an Xbox for awhile and never had a problem.

Good ideas but we have shall I say... issues with broadband here. We get 175 KB/sec download (1.4mbps) and our line is so bad mainstream companies say it can't sustain a connection that would be within their QOS rules so they can't offer us anything.

We're with a fairly local supplier and we need to keep them sweet by letting them do the whole phone/BB package. It's a beehatch but we're stuck phone supplier wise and can't properly use internet services.

I mention latency because my sound is actually a tiny bit AHEAD of the picture when watching upstairs! The old CRT TV downstairs has faster signal processing (no ana/digi conversion so I think that's technically no latency at all!) than the flatscreen upstairs.

In any case I found SteelSeries have a UK shop. When the actual GBP price appears I can't help thinking these are out of my reach.