Ryzen 3600 for next gen gpu´s. Bottleneck or not ?

xxx68

Hello, i am about to build myself a new pc with ryzen 3600. Primarily for gaming. My gpu at the moment is rx 5700 xt. What worries me is : Would ryzen 3600 handle next gen gpus ? As i saw on reddit next gen should not be far away and I would like to buy very high end gpu when it comes out. Wouldnt there be a bottleneck with ryzen 3600 ? I do game at 1440P 144hz gsync/freesnyc screen. I could as well buy myself ryzen 3700x but there are almost no gains in gaming as i checked youtube benchmarks. Thank you

There will always be a bottleneck no matter what.  It's just how much of a problem it is.  At that res and FPS your GPU would be the bottleneck.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

There will always be a bottleneck no matter what.  It's just how much of a problem it is.  At that res and FPS your GPU would be the bottleneck.

thanks for the answer. However I do plan upgrade to gpu like rtx 2080ti is now when 3000 serie (or whatever its going to be called)  is out. Do you think 3600 would handle it as well ?

Just now, xxx68 said:

thanks for the answer. However I do plan upgrade to gpu like rtx 2080ti is now when 3000 serie (or whatever its going to be called)  is out. Do you think 3600 would handle it as well ?

Shouldn't be a problem, just crank the graphics up and then your bottleneck is now the GPU lol.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.