Project: Cristal Toxin (Completed)

JA90

Hi people,

I'm Igor from Serbia, 23 years old student and case modding is my hobby. "Cristal Toxin" is my first serious modding project and I want to share it with you :)

I didn't have any sponsors, I bought all of the parts for this build myself, but I hope I will draw some attention with my skill set shown in this build and make some sponsored builds in the future :)

Also it won some small modding competitions and it's now entered in Cooler Master 2013 Mod Competition, so some Voting support would be greatly appreciated :D

You can do that by liking Cooler Master facebook fan page and you can vote for my mod on this link: http://on.fb.me/1ossVZC

I will post the final pics and vid first so you don't have to search for them in the thread and the whole build log after ;)

Components:

CPU: Intel i5-2500k

MB: MSI z77 MPower

GPU: 2x MSI 7970 (R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC)

RAM: 4x 4GB Kingston Technology HyperX Predator 2400MHz KHX24C11T2K2/8X

SSD: 2x Intel 120GB 330series in RAID 0

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 1000W

Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Case fans: 2x Gelid Wing 12cm UV Blue & 2x Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition

Fan controller: Scythe Kaze Q-12

Water cooling parts:

CPU Block: XSPC Raystorm

GPU Blocks: EK-FC7970 - Nickel CSQ

Reservoir: XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay

Pump: XSPC D5 Vario Pump

Radiators: XSPC RX360 Rev 2 & Phobya G-Changer 240 V.2 - Full Copper

Radiator fans: 5x Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition

Fittings: Monsoon Blue Rotary & White Compressions

Dye: Mayhem UV Green

Youtube:

Final pics:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08-1.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

dsc4446.jpg

multiple.jpg

Build log:

All of this started from a Cooler Master Storm Stryker case :)

dsc0133.jpg

First things first, case stripping and hard metal work... I've removed everything to get to the bare skeleton and cut down and sanded every protective metal mash on the case and cut open a hole in the top so I can fit a 360mm radiator in, cause CM Stryker is only optimised for 280mm max.

dsc0147.jpg

dsc0149.jpg

dsc0150.jpg

dsc0151.jpg

Here are some left overs from the metal work and some details I've stripped from the case.. I had to cut the handle mounts down, cause they wouldn't leave space for the fans at the top of the case and I there would be no other place to put them, cause I used 60mm thick rads.

dsc0271.jpg

dsc0274.jpg

dsc0276.jpg

Next on the list was plexi and metal sheets cutting time.. So here are some shots of plexi dividers, some decorations and metal sheets for SSD mounting and the back of the case, cause I've decided to close off that fan and make a positive pressure inside by having 4 filtered intakes (on the front and bottom) and 3 exhaust (on the top). And that white and blueish color on the plexi panels is just a protective covers, of course I didn't painted them before cutting :D

dsc0239.jpg

dsc0240.jpg

dsc0249.jpg

dsc0244.jpg

dsc0378.jpg

dsc0241.jpg

Early test fitting time for the dividers.

dsc0270.jpg

I cut open a bigger hole on the plastic top cover, to make better air flow from the exhaust on top of the case.

dsc0287.jpg

dsc0288.jpg

At that time, the rest of parts for watercooling, sleeving etc have arrived.

Cause I had some in my possession, but not everything I needed.

dsc0284.jpg

dsc0285.jpg

Paint prepping: I masked filters and radiator that will be visible and got everything in the booth ready for painting :)

By the way, you can now kinda see all the little bits and pieces I've custom made from plexi and didn't show hem earlier.

dsc0289.jpg

dsc0291.jpg

dsc0297.jpg

dsc0298.jpg

dsc0299.jpg

dsc0300.jpg

And at long last, PAINTING TIME :wub:

I will show you only 1 image from the booth (just to see the attention to detail) and the rest will be from the finished and semi-assembled pieces.

dsc0303.jpg

dsc0309.jpg

dsc0313.jpg

dsc0317.jpg

dsc0320.jpg

dsc0322.jpg

dsc0312.jpg

dsc0321.jpg

dsc0364.jpg

Some Monsoon Fittings glory shots.

dsc0295.jpg

dsc0293.jpg

"Sandwich" making time :D

That's how I call these plexi decorations that light up on the outside of the case, cause they have a lot of layers, starting from the top (view point):

1. 3mm plexi, painted from the bottom (to make it look glossy on the top and gives a certain depth to it)

2. White sticky foil on the top plexi (to better reflect light in combo with mirror foil)

3. Mirror foil (reflects light down)

4. 5mm plexi with a drilled-in hole for the 5mm LED and outline engraving (it is drilled so that LED can just make its way in and it serves so the light can bounce it's way to the engraved part on the edges)

5. Mirror foil (reflects light up)

- Metal side panel of the case, driled so that diode can go through it (sandwich parts superglues on it on both sides)

6. Diode holder (only there to fixate the diode from the other side of the sidepanel)

7. LED 5mm (goes through the the holder, metal side panel and goes in 5mm plexi)

And on top of all that, I super glued parts 3 and 4, as well as 5 and 6, to the metal sidepanel.

A lot of hard and precise job done, but it gives the best effect :D

dsc0296.jpg

dsc0307.jpg

dsc0324.jpg

dsc0328.jpg

GPU blocks assembly and radiator and reservoir fitting testing (I had to use a few 45 degree adapters cause of the lack of space due to dividers and cleaner look with as little tubing as possible in the visible area).

dsc0351.jpg

dsc0360.jpg

dsc0366.jpg

dsc0375.jpg

dsc0338.jpg

UV Sleeving done and a lot of details glued into place.

dsc0334.jpg

dsc0348.jpg

dsc0349.jpg

That panel :wub:

And by the way, that mesh effect on the big toxic sandwich is just a reflection, not something on it..

dsc0332.jpg

Wiring, soldering, making a panel to control all the LEDs and LED white and UV stripes from the standard Styker's front panel and on top of all that, cable management nightmare :o

dsc0389.jpg

elektronika.jpg

dsc0388.jpg

dsc0387.jpg

dsc0408.jpg

And now.. Let it be light ! :D

SSDs mounted and all the LEDs wired up.

dsc0391.jpg

dsc0386.jpg

dsc0385.jpg

"MSI z77 MPower Snow edition" with painted washers and thumbscrews, cable management finished and tubing instalation (now you can see why I used a few 45 degree adapters).

dsc0404.jpg

2013-08-04-0419.jpg

dsc0406.jpg

Finaly.. System filled and up and running, and here is a few quick pics :D

dsc0414.jpg

dsc0417.jpg

And that's it from me for now smile.gif

I hope you like it, as I said, this is my first serious modding project and I hope you'll be hearing a lot more from me in the future biggrin.gif

Of course, I'm opet for any questions, critics and admiration, it will mean alot to me!

And don't forget to support me on Cooler Master 2013 Mod Competition if you liked it! thumb.gif

Verrry nice. The only thing that bugs me is that I spell Crystal with a y, and not an i.

Anyway, the paint job is incredible, and so is the lighting.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Amazing!Dammit, now I'm jealous 

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

Beautiful. Should put a picture warning for some users in the title though.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

it's a beauty , awesome look.

however a little to flashy for my taste , but it does look like a animal !

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

Thanks guys it means a lot :D

@tryphaa, In my area it can be spelled either way :)

@HexaGuy, I'm new to this forum, I'm still getting my way around it :D

@BenD, Most of the lights are UV and they are not really visible to the naked eye, the only thing that's glowing are the tubes and UV reactive stuff (cables etc) and that not eye bleeding :D Plus it's all on controller and can be (and of course, for daily use is) turned off :)

I like the "dirty Paintjob", but the electric stuff seems to be a bit risky for me. Awesome Build

German Techie. Preffered programmingspeach C#

^Thanks, it's "spilled toxin" (but not on the electric stuff) :D

Yup, I like it. thumb.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Question, did you do any modding with the decals on the Z77 MPower? I wasn't quite able to tell with some of the pictures,

I'm unsure if it's just how the lighting is, but in a picture they appear white, i also have that motherboard but my decals are yellow.

Wow... I can't even bring words to describe the beauty. :,)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

@DeathSentinels, You have a pic named "MSI z77 MPower Snow Edition", so of course I did, cause yellow didn't match my color scheme :D

But I couldn't paint them, cause warranty providers in my country are pretty strict and they don't allow any modding (no matter how harmless like painting is) to components and won't replace them if something breaks down... So I didn't want to risk it and I only cut out a few pieces of white sticky paper in the shape of the decals and sicked them over the decals :)

@scaryjam823, Thanks :D

Love the way the coolant glows more than anything.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

@AHaskin14, Yeah, me too.. And it looks pretty cool on the pics, but it's muuuuch cooler IRL :D

@consoleconvergence2pc, PSU is modular, but I plan to upgrade it soon and my color scheme wouldn't appeal to everyone so it would be hard to flip :)
Extenders gave me more flexibility in that sense ;)

@DeathSentinels, You have a pic named "MSI z77 MPower Snow Edition", so of course I did, cause yellow didn't match my color scheme :D

But I couldn't paint them, cause warranty providers in my country are pretty strict and they don't allow any modding (no matter how harmless like painting is) to components and won't replace them if something breaks down... So I didn't want to risk it and I only cut out a few pieces of white sticky paper in the shape of the decals and sicked them over the decals :)

@scaryjam823, Thanks :D

That's actually a really great idea!, and super easy to do as well!, I'm looking to do the same thing with my mobo,

thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Amazing lighting and design. Love how the interior looks. Blue / Flurescent UV really fit.

@AHaskin14, Yeah, me too.. And it looks pretty cool on the pics, but it's muuuuch cooler IRL :D

I can only imagine. hear I am just getting my new NZXT Red Led Strip yesterday. Im hoping it lights up my build pretty cool.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Good job on the modding

Monsoons with the white ends look sweet

Amazing lighting and design. Love how the interior looks. Blue / Flurescent UV really fit.

Thank you too, I love UV stuff :D

I can only imagine. hear I am just getting my new NZXT Red Led Strip yesterday. Im hoping it lights up my build pretty cool.

I'm not a supporter of colored lightning in cases.. Clear white or UV, nothing else.. It makes the components drown in the color of your lights, and I don't like it :(

So, either UV if you have UV reactive stuff, or clear white to show of you stuff in all of it's glory :) I think TTL has a vid about that, try to find it :)

• 6 months later...