How do i get itunes to not black out my second monitor when i fullscreen a video?

I am trying to watch a movie commentary along with a movie. I own the movie on itunes. when i try to fullscreen the movie my second monitor just goes black. and when i try to just leave it in a maximized window itunes decides i don;t want to see black bars and shrinks the window so the black bars are removed but my desktop background then shows. I have downloaded the movie but i can't use another player to play it because of apples stupid drm. I just don't know what to do.

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

I found this online:

It's not a true solution but you can start the movie, right click on it and select "Play Video in Seperate Window" which will pop it out of iTunes. You can then move that to the monitor you want it on and right click AGAIN and then select "Fit to Screen" which will then puff it out to fit the width of the monitor.

In certain types of formats this will leave huge amounts of black space top and bottom but your ability to see your other screens will be preserved.

2 minutes ago, Dwee said:

I found this online:

1032538123_itunesvideo.thumb.PNG.407f4458bb4b93220ae80f02b5c18e62.PNGthis is what happens when i do that. the black part of the screen is where the player is. i think windows see the drm on the video and just makes it a black box. but the player doesn't have any black bars and still shows the timeline and pause/play buttons. i just want to be able to watch it like two fullscreen youtube videos. the only possible solution i see is to record my screen with shadowplay then watch the entire movie full screen then edit that video to just the movie then i can watch the commentary with it like a normal video. but that would take hours to do.

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

I'm not sure about how iTunes is now as I haven't used it in a while, but there are some programs that can convert M4V from iTunes into another format playable by VLC.Some people have recommended "Tuneskit", but that is a paid program and I'm not sure if there are free alternatives, or of the legitimacy of them. As a last resort, could you watch side-by-side with your phone?

17 minutes ago, Dwee said:

I'm not sure about how iTunes is now as I haven't used it in a while, but there are some programs that can convert M4V from iTunes into another format playable by VLC.Some people have recommended "Tuneskit", but that is a paid program and I'm not sure if there are free alternatives, or of the legitimacy of them. As a last resort, could you watch side-by-side with your phone?

I use Tuneskit and it's a pretty cool program. It might be paid, but it's well worth it in my opinion. It's not a perfect program though.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's a limitation of iTunes, and without making sacrifices, you can't just make content fullscreen in iTunes and not have the other monitor black out. That's the primary reason for my use of Tuneskit.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch