Need some help.

Hello everyone :)

I could use some help with something and i cant manage to figure it out on my own thats why i am here :)

Case:

I got a computer With:

Intel LGA 1150 Core i5 4440

MSI LGA 1150 B85M - e46

Geforce GTX760 2gb

and DDR3 8gb ramn running at 1333mhz.

What i am wondering here is! if i Upgrade the CPU / Motherboard and Memory. to lets say Ryzen5 3600 - DDR4 16gb (2666-3200mhz)

and ASUS ROG Strix B450-F but keep the GTX 760 for now.

Would my computer run better in games or in general?

I do understand the GPU will be a bottleneck but i cant afford a New GPU atm they are expencive AF! 

I think what you are looking for is new storage. You didn't mention it so I'm guessing you run off of an old HDD? 

If you get a new SSD, like the 860 Evo, you'll have a way snappier feeling system. Then you can spend the rest of your budget on a more potent GPU, like a RX5500 or GTX1650S. 

Your CPU is not good but also not terrible. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I guess you could get an i7-4770 or 4790 or K version of ebay. What is you budget for this? 

You could get one of those cpu's for about $100, maybe you then have some money left for either a used RX480, RX570, 1050ti? Or a 1650 super of RX 5500 new?

If your budget is a little short, you can consider selling the cpu and gpu, then buying new better ones.

Have you tested your gpu in the current setup? If your gpu is currently running ant 100% under load, you won't be getting a much better gaming experiences when upgrading mobo and cpu.

And if you're running an old HDD, like FloRolf said: You want to get an ssd and put your OS and most used programs on that.

Sorry for the bad info.

@FloRolf : I do have an SSD that i installed when i got the computer.

@GoldenLag : My PSU is a Cooler Master B500 500W

@lightfire : My Budget atm is non exsisting but i do wanna get into the AMD Ryzen Family in the future thats why i asked :) I am playing on the computer now running Apex @ 50ish FPS and Escape From Tarkov (FPS no idea) but i do lag a litle in small spikes.  And after taking a look when ingame it looks like my GPU is running at 70-75% thrue out the game. spiking up to 80-83%  when Stuff is happening.

And thank you guys for the quick replyes :)

7 minutes ago, Orginalen87 said:

Sorry for the bad info.

To FloRolf : I do have an SSD that i installed when i got the computer.

To GoldenLag : My PSU is a Cooler Master B500 500W

To Lightfire : My Budget atm is non exsisting but i do wanna get into the AMD Ryzen Family in the future thats why i asked :) I am playing on the computer now running Apex @ 50ish FPS and Escape From Tarkov (FPS no idea) but i do lag a litle in small spikes.  And after taking a look when ingame it looks like my GPU is running at 70-75% thrue out the game. spiking up to 80-83%  when Stuff is happening.

And thank you guys for the quick replyes :)

hey dude, welcome to the forums and all, please use either the quote function or tag people @Orginalen87 so they can see that you have replied. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

58 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

hey dude, welcome to the forums and all, please use either the quote function or tag people @Orginalen87 so they can see that you have replied. 

Thanks for the tip :)

1 hour ago, Orginalen87 said:

: My PSU is a Cooler Master B500 500W

V1 or V2?

Either way i highly suggest changing it. Its not good. 

Use your budget on a new PSU and a New GPU. 

Your CPU is still decent.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

V1 or V2?

Either way i highly suggest changing it. Its not good. 

Use your budget on a new PSU and a New GPU. 

Your CPU is still decent.

Okay thank you for Your input :)

But we kind of got away from my question tho.

Would my computer run better in games or in general if i changed out the parts i asked abaout?

Just now, Orginalen87 said:

But we kind of got away from my question tho.

Would my computer run better in games or in general if i changed out the parts i asked abaout?

Yes, looks like your gpu has a little left in it. But you will run into a bottleneck when getting a ryzen 5 3600. Have you considered a ryzen 5 2600? You could use the extra cash + money you could get from selling old mobo + cpu + gpu to get maybe a 1650 super or rx 5500 XT. 

The ryzen 5 3600 is a little overkill I think. Unless you plan on having a 400$+ gpu in the future, the 5 2600 will do just fine :D

2 minutes ago, Orginalen87 said:

Yes, in some titles, but in most there will be little to no difference, you really are GPU limited for the most part. 

Also when choosing PSU, please create a post in the PSU section you dont end up with something equally bad as the B500 V2

@lightfire Yes i have considered it for sure :) and might even pick that insted. not planning on a expencive computer build yet. hehe Biggest problem in Norway is that its a very bad market for old computer parts hehe

and thank you for Your reply :)

@GoldenLag  Thank you for the tip. And for the answer. 

I will most def look into that side of the forum before making a Choice :)

4 minutes ago, Orginalen87 said:

Yes i have considered it for sure :) and might even pick that insted. not planning on a expencive computer build yet. hehe Biggest problem in Norway is that its a very bad market for old computer parts hehe

and thank you for Your reply :)

You're most welcome! Good luck with the build!

7 minutes ago, Orginalen87 said:

Biggest problem in Norway is that its a very bad market for old computer parts hehe

No its not. 

There are multiple sellers of old hardware on finn. At often very reasonable prices. 

Only issue is getting used PSUs. Tho there are certain offering of finn that are reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

No its not. 

There are multiple sellers of old hardware on finn. At often very reasonable prices. 

Only issue is getting used PSUs. Tho there are certain offering of finn that are reasonable. 

Yeah might be true. I will try for sure :)