Overclocking problems on my new PC

Shnittselllover99

Hello! I just got a new PC but I am having some trouble Overclocking the CPU, can anyone help me out? I have been trying to use the Ryzen Master software to try and over clock but games have been crashing and the PC freezes when I set the frequency to 4200 MHz but temperatures are always under 60 usually mid 40's or low 50's. I'd also like to OC the GPU to get more FPS, right now I'm getting around 40 FPS on med-low settings on AC Origins. What else could I do to Improve my performance without spending too much money?

These are the specs:

-Ryzen 3 2200G

-Gigabyte B450M DS3H

-EVGA BR 80+ Bronze 600W Power Supply

-RX 580 8GB

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Shnittselllover99 said:

I set the frequency to 4200 MHz

im pretty sure one of the highest steady overclocks you can get with the 2200g is 3900mhz, but dont quote me

7 minutes ago, Shnittselllover99 said:

Hello! I just got a new PC but I am having some trouble Overclocking the CPU, can anyone help me out? I have been trying to use the Ryzen Master software to try and over clock but games have been crashing and the PC freezes when I set the frequency to 4200 MHz but temperatures are always under 60 usually mid 40's or low 50's. I'd also like to OC the GPU to get more FPS, right now I'm getting around 40 FPS on med-low settings on AC Origins. What else could I do to Improve my performance without spending too much money?

These are the specs:

-Ryzen 3 2200G

-Gigabyte B450M DS3H

-EVGA BR 80+ Bronze 600W Power Supply

-RX 580 8GB

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, idwt said:

im pretty sure one of the highest steady overclocks you can get with the 2200g is 3900mhz, but dont quote me

Ryzen APUs are a Gen behind nonAPU series,..the 2200G will likely MAX at 3.9Ghz possibly 4Ghz like Ryzen1 does.

3rd Gen APUs get UPTO 4.2Ghz like the Ryzen 2nd Gen does.

Be happy with 3.8Ghz, and aim for 3.9-4Ghz

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz