Performance utilization in game

razersurf

I was checking the utilization of cpu and gpu in Modern warfare, and I thought this was very weird ( see picture attached).

How come my cpu is utilized between 60-95%, while my GPU is barely stretching its legs? Is this normal?

utilization.jpg

4 minutes ago, razersurf said:

How come my cpu is utilized between 60-95%, while my GPU is barely stretching its legs? Is this normal?

Your GPU is being bottlenecked by your CPU. Get a faster CPU.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

24 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Your GPU is being bottlenecked by your CPU. Get a faster CPU.

That, I was aware of. But shouldnæt my GPU run at more than 4% utilization still? That seems extremely low for such a demanding game.

1 minute ago, razersurf said:

That, I was aware of. But shouldnæt my GPU run at more than 4% utilization still? That seems extremely low for such a demanding game.

For one, if you tab out of the game to look at the Resource Monitor, many games pause their rendering. Secondly, it just sometimes reports GPU-utlization wrong.

I recommend installing MSI Afterburner and enabling GPU-usage in OSD -- that way you'll see its utilization in real-time in-game.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

For one, if you tab out of the game to look at the Resource Monitor, many games pause their rendering. Secondly, it just sometimes reports GPU-utlization wrong.

I recommend installing MSI Afterburner and enabling GPU-usage in OSD -- that way you'll see its utilization in real-time in-game.

Yep get the RivaTuner Statistics Afterburner OSD for in-game monitoring of your hardware usage and info. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X; GPU: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z; MoBo: MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX; RAM: TForce Delta TUF RGB 3200MHz (2x8) 16GB; 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB TG; PSU: Seasonic Prime FX Gold 750W Fully Modular; CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MA620P; Storage: WD Blue 250GB SATA SSD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM; Monitor: MSI MAG241C 144Hz Curved Gaming Panel; Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown); Mouse: Fantech X11 Daredevil   

Task manager does not report the utilization in DX12 games, so the game's usage is simply not shown.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2