Last minute opinions/changes.

Just looking for some final thoughts/recommendations from various internet rando's before i start committing to this build that another internet rando threw together for me. I'm basically at max budget for what i want to spend (technically over) so if there's some cost saving measures w/o any noticeable performance hits that i can implement I'm open to hearing about them. 

As LTT has shown many times the AIO coolers don't give better performance than air coolers in a good many cases. So you may be able to get comparable performance and save a few bucks. Also are you dead set on using a dedicated 240gb drive as a boot drive? If not you could cut out that (not that it's a lot) but use another drive as a boot. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

I have a few recommends/opinions, the storage is all whack. No need for two separate 1TB SSDs of different types and the 240GB Kingston is completely unnecessary, 1 single 2tb Nvme and if needed a 2TB 7200rpm standard HDD is more than enough for any modern gaming or editing PC, having the storage how it was recommended to you is just weird. The two separate kits of ram is a bit risky, even though they're the same make and model there is no guarantee they will work together smoothly it's always best to buy the memory in the speed, size, and module amount you need in one kit(you also save a few bucks). The case is a thermal disaster, the thermals on the NZXT H series cases are just bleh, a nice mesh front panel case is a go to. Also unless the AIO is necessary an air cooler like the noctua NH-D15 or the Dark Rock Pro 4 would give slightly better thermals and be cheaper over the Corsair AIO. No issue with the Corsair RMx PSU other than price, the Cooler Master MWE PSUs are great quality and you save some extra money to put in your pocket or elsewhere in the system. If the system is just for gaming you could even go for the Ryzen 5 3600 and save another $100 while still keeping around the same performance. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 minutes ago, Axeonelite said:

As LTT has shown many times the AIO coolers don't give better performance than air coolers in a good many cases. So you may be able to get comparable performance and save a few bucks. Also are you dead set on using a dedicated 240gb drive as a boot drive? If not you could cut out that (not that it's a lot) but use another drive as a boot. 

Yeah i had thought about swapping out the AIO for something else, I just need to make sure i'll have the space (ram clearance and such) for a decent/good air cooler. As for the boot drive, yeah i'd prefer to keep that.

2 minutes ago, ScreamingHouseplant said:

Yeah i had thought about swapping out the AIO for something else, I just need to make sure i'll have the space (ram clearance and such) for a decent/good air cooler. As for the boot drive, yeah i'd prefer to keep that.

The new Corsair while not the best for the price does have the best flexability for ram clearance for ease of use

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

15 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I have a few recommends/opinions, the storage is all whack. No need for two separate 1TB SSDs of different types and the 240GB Kingston is completely unnecessary, 1 single 2tb Nvme and if needed a 2TB 7200rpm standard HDD is more than enough for any modern gaming or editing PC, having the storage how it was recommended to you is just weird. The two separate kits of ram is a bit risky, even though they're the same make and model there is no guarantee they will work together smoothly it's always best to buy the memory in the speed, size, and module amount you need in one kit(you also save a few bucks). The case is a thermal disaster, the thermals on the NZXT H series cases are just bleh, a nice mesh front panel case is a go to. Also unless the AIO is necessary an air cooler like the noctua NH-D15 or the Dark Rock Pro 4 would give slightly better thermals and be cheaper over the Corsair AIO. No issue with the Corsair RMx PSU other than price, the Cooler Master MWE PSUs are great quality and you save some extra money to put in your pocket or elsewhere in the system. If the system is just for gaming you could even go for the Ryzen 5 3600 and save another $100 while still keeping around the same performance. 

I'll take all that into consideration then. I'd like at least an extra TB or 2 of SSD storage though, I have a similar storage layout in my current PC and it's closer to full than i'd like. What Storage would you recommend I add to this if it becomes necessary? Just something of the same brand ie seagate?

2 hours ago, ScreamingHouseplant said:

Just looking for some final thoughts/recommendations from various internet rando's before i start committing to this build that another internet rando threw together for me. I'm basically at max budget for what i want to spend (technically over) so if there's some cost saving measures w/o any noticeable performance hits that i can implement I'm open to hearing about them. 

what are you gonna do with this PC?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

18 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

what are you gonna do with this PC?

Game, watch things whilst gaming lol. I've needed to upgrade from my current rig (gtx 960 I7-4790k) for awhile now. Financials haven't been there till now.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($308.94 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Pioneer 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($133.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($738.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($93.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.88 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1789.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-19 22:27 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W