RTX 2060 SUPER not working properly.

I'm really confused. So I have built my rig ( Ryzen 7 2700X, 16GB Corsair Ram, ASUS Strix X-470 gaming f Mobo, 550 watt gold certified Corsair PSU ) but was waiting for the GPU to arrive so I put an old card in (a Gtx 1050ti) and it was running pretty well ( I only have 2 1080p 60hz monitors so performance was great ) except for some bottle necking. Anyway the new card arrives ( Gigabyte RTX 2060 super gaming OC 8G ) and it works for say a few weeks, then I start getting problems. It keeps crashing often with the "blue screen" and an error code. This gets more frequent to the point now where it will only work for about 2 mins before stopping. Almost every error code is one saying it's a driver is sure so I checked all my drivers and updated everything. Still crashing. I reseated the graphics card and checked all the wiring. Next I thought about power so I did a PSU calculater and I was under my 550 W max. I have filled all the power inputs it has ( 8 pin connector ). The worst that happened was the BIOS crashed once which is bad! But nothing worse than that.

I just can't figure it out! Anyone else suggest anything I can do to test? I sold that old GPU but still might have a REALLY old one. I'm open to everything. Posted pictures of a few error code screens and the pc. (Drivers on a 1T Internal SSD) , Thanks.

BBEB123B-2D0C-451C-A3FC-5A2DDB0D865A.jpeg

E75099E7-5218-48C1-8ADC-1745D35B03FB.jpeg

3DF114E1-83A7-4865-81CE-1CD0656CD865.jpeg

A3D84DDA-5883-4104-B33B-DB3CB082A669.jpeg

343E927B-AF3E-4CD6-BC3A-5EC14DCC86D7.jpeg

Have you fully removed the display drivers or tried a clean install of windows?

I updated the BIOS, but I haven't removed all drivers, just updated them. I was just hoping there would be a better solution to it than remove it all.

Memory, try disabling XMP or DOCP and make sure it's running at 2133MHz

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Why could it be a ram issue, I'll try it but would like to know for the future.

27 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Memory, try disabling XMP or DOCP and make sure it's running at 2133MHz

Ok so I tried it, it still crashed but with a new error code.

1A4B77EB-9A0B-4609-BD60-5881A66E766A.jpeg

I built this pc like a month ago and newly installed windows then, I've set it to auto update and last I manually did it was as this issue was at its early stage.

looks like a ram error, more than a gpu error. do you have ram in slots 2 and 4, docp enabled?

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

looks like a ram error, more than a gpu error. do you have ram in slots 2 and 4, docp enabled?

Yup ram in 2 and 4 just as the manual suggests and I turned the ram back to 2133mhz like the person above said, that still didn't work.

Guys keep in mind this problem only started after I put the new GPU in so it's probably like conflicting or something but idk.

Reset your cmos? are you able to try booting from a live-linux usb to test if that works? If so, that likely means it is a driver, and you can either re-install windows or ddu your graphics driver.

If it it's memory, take one stick out and see if it's fixed. If not, swap sticks and test again, if it still fails, try a different slot. (Continue using 1 stick at a time until it works then add the second, and moving your way down the ram slots)

6 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Reset your cmos? are you able to try booting from a live-linux usb to test if that works? If so, that likely means it is a driver, and you can either re-install windows or ddu your graphics driver.

If it it's memory, take one stick out and see if it's fixed. If not, swap sticks and test again, if it still fails, try a different slot. (Continue using 1 stick at a time until it works then add the second, and moving your way down the ram slots)

I don't know how to clear the cmos on this mobo, it's a Strix X-470  gaming-f. Would you know how? I'll still search it up though. I'm not super nerdy about PC's I just know a fair bit.

If your board doesn't have a reset button, take this battery out. (WHILE YOUR PC IS POWERED OFF AND UNPLUGGED, as it should be whenever you work on your computer)

image.png.e61922f906e8780985b24b1180c59eaf.png

8 minutes ago, NinJake said:

If your board doesn't have a reset button, take this battery out. (WHILE YOUR PC IS POWERED OFF AND UNPLUGGED, as it should be whenever you work on your computer)

image.png.e61922f906e8780985b24b1180c59eaf.png

Ok I'll do that and update you.

4 minutes ago, Willem Teale said:

Ok I'll do that and update you.

It did not work and this time it instantly crashed with error code, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1 hour ago, NinJake said:

Have you tried booting with 1 stick of ram/different slots?

ok so I removed one stick and it's working perfectly but I swapped them and it wasn't working so it's seems to be the stick conflicting with the GPU or maybe the socket on the mobo.

Yep, if you do further testing with the memory (trying slots 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4)... you should be able to conclude if it's a bad socket or memory stick. But after re-reading your last comment it does seem like it's a bad memory stick if you swapped them.

Either way, once you get the results you should hopefully be able to RMA the bad part and get a replacement to get your full system back up and running.

15 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Yep, if you do further testing with the memory (trying slots 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4)... you should be able to conclude if it's a bad socket or memory stick. But after re-reading your last comment it does seem like it's a bad memory stick if you swapped them.

Either way, once you get the results you should hopefully be able to RMA the bad part and get a replacement to get your full system back up and running.

RMA?

5 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Warranty work.

image.png.a1c0092cdfb2b5dd7c8d6127d37f052d.png

Ok thx, but if they were working before my GPU we changed then why they stopped now?

Btw thanks so much man you were really helpful, I am past the return date tho so I'll have to hope when I do more testing tomorrow that I could maybe just swap them and it'll be fin but yeah thanks for your help!

Contact the manufacturer anyways, they might be cool enough to give you a new stick of ram for free. It doesn't hurt to try! My old graphics card died and even though it was out of warranty the company still sent me a new one, and an upgrade at that!