Good hardware, low fps CS:GO

SayrimG

Heya, I have a i7-8700k @4.4ghz and a GTX 1070 FTW. I seem to be having a problem with cs:go, where I'm only using around 30% of both cpu and gpu and I end up getting <100fps. I do have multicore rendering enabled and I went through a thread from last year here where OP said the problem was "the bios". Not entirely sure how to fix my problem, I play on 4:3 1024x768 on low settings apart from shadows. Any help appreciated :)

58 minutes ago, SayrimG said:

Heya, I have a i7-8700k @4.4ghz and a GTX 1070 FTW. I seem to be having a problem with cs:go, where I'm only using around 30% of both cpu and gpu and I end up getting <100fps. I do have multicore rendering enabled and I went through a thread from last year here where OP said the problem was "the bios". Not entirely sure how to fix my problem, I play on 4:3 1024x768 on low settings apart from shadows. Any help appreciated :)

Same problem at 1080p?  That’s some seriously low Rez.  Like “I’m using generic settings without a gpu driver” rez

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Same problem at 1080p?  That’s some seriously low Rez.  Like “I’m using generic settings without a gpu driver” rez

Lots of people (especially pros) play on video settings such as that.

Just now, Soumrak said:

Lots of people (especially pros) play on video settings such as that.

It’s a test not a “you need to play that way”. It so happens that 1024x786 is default “driver not loaded” Rez.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s a test not a “you need to play that way”. It so happens that 1024x786 is default “driver not loaded” Rez.

Never said you need to play that way. I for one play at 1440p. But if you read the OP he says "I play on 4:3 1024x768 on low settings apart from shadows." Unless this is a typo, it appears as though they play this way by choice.

8 minutes ago, Soumrak said:

Never said you need to play that way. I for one play at 1440p. But if you read the OP he says "I play on 4:3 1024x768 on low settings apart from shadows." Unless this is a typo, it appears as though they play this way by choice.

Sure. That’s fine.  I just want to know if he’s got a gpu driver problem which can’t even necessarily be told at that particular resolution. It’s not that it’s low or high.  It’s that it happens to be xga.

Sorry for the delay, was busy. I've tried playing native 1440p on my monitor, also have tried 1080p, none of the two seem to help with the fps. Also have tried windowed fullscreen to same results.

19 minutes ago, SayrimG said:

Sorry for the delay, was busy. I've tried playing native 1440p on my monitor, also have tried 1080p, none of the two seem to help with the fps. Also have tried windowed fullscreen to same results.

Was it lower or the same?

Was it lower or the same?

Same, fluctuating around 80-100.

1 minute ago, SayrimG said:

Same, fluctuating around 80-100.

Hmm.. so it’s some sort of limit that is not actual data. 1024x786 is 1/4th the amount of gpu data as 1440p but the frame rate is the same.  I wonder if the amount of work the cpu would be doing would change much?

If it’s a bios problem the solution is to flash the latest motherboard bios from the manufacturer.  Motherboard model isn’t mentioned so there’s no way for me to figure out what that might be.

25 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Hmm.. so it’s some sort of limit that is not actual data. 1024x786 is 1/4th the amount of gpu data as 1440p but the frame rate is the same.  I wonder if the amount of work the cpu would be doing would change much?

If it’s a bios problem the solution is to flash the latest motherboard bios from the manufacturer.  Motherboard model isn’t mentioned so there’s no way for me to figure out what that might be.

Motherboard is MSI G370 Tomahawk. I mentioned BIOS flash because that's what the other thread ended on, but not sure if that's my case as I'm inexperienced with the BIOS.

18 minutes ago, SayrimG said:

Motherboard is MSI G370 Tomahawk. I mentioned BIOS flash because that's what the other thread ended on, but not sure if that's my case as I'm inexperienced with the BIOS.

It’s pretty straight forward as I understand it.  The motherboard is older though so there may not have been an update.

should be guides on how to do it around.

It’s pretty straight forward as I understand it.  The motherboard is older though so there may not have been an update.

should be guides on how to do it around.

Alright, I’ll take a look in to flashing it tomorrow when I’m back at home and update you :)