SVS SB/PB-2000 vs Logitech Z906? How much better?

TommyTwommy
Go to solution Solved by Derkoli,
3 hours ago, berny22 said:

I've decided to go with the A3X & PB-1000. I've only heard good things about them so far. And they will probably fit my desk. Is it a problem if I put them on their side or does it ruin sound quality (I purchased foam pads from thomann in the bundle)?

Do I need any additional equipment or will I be able to connect these 2 and get them to work without any audio interfaces?

Looking at them two, the SVS has line level inputs. So you could do a signal chain like this:

Mayflower Arc RCA output -> SVS PB1000 -> Adam Audio A3X RCA input.

You would just need two pairs of splittable RCA cables to connect this up, a pair like these will do (order two):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8QJG/ref=twister_B01LWPGB6C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Just got these today. I'm literally speechless. I've never experienced such clearness and fullness (whatever the corrects words are) in the mids and highs. Its not louder, you can just hear so much more.

Although I am having problems with monitor controls. I have to change volume of each separately. How do I link them together using the stereolink inputs. I've tried OUT RIGHT -> IN LEFT with and without unbalanced in from the subwoofer plugged in, but it doesn't work.

The connections were completely wrong. This is how it is suppoused to connect judging by the manual (first time I used one in my life) and it works that way.

F775dLG.jpg

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

10 hours ago, berny22 said:

Just got these today. I'm literally speechless. I've never experienced such clearness and fullness (whatever the corrects words are) in the mids and highs. Its not louder, you can just hear so much more.

Although I am having problems with monitor controls. I have to change volume of each separately. How do I link them together using the stereolink inputs. I've tried OUT RIGHT -> IN LEFT with and without unbalanced in from the subwoofer plugged in, but it doesn't work.

The connections were completely wrong. This is how it is suppoused to connect judging by the manual (first time I used one in my life) and it works that way.

F775dLG.jpg

Welcome to the Audiophile world :)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

• 9 months later...
On 2/16/2020 at 2:26 PM, berny22 said:

I've decided to go with the A3X & PB-1000. I've only heard good things about them so far. And they will probably fit my desk. Is it a problem if I put them on their side or does it ruin sound quality (I purchased foam pads from thomann in the bundle)?

Do I need any additional equipment or will I be able to connect these 2 and get them to work without any audio interfaces?

Congrats on the new sub!  I did something almost exactly the same last month.  I've been rocking the Logitech Z-5500 in my living room for years now - and to slowly lean into this expensive hobby, I bought the sub and the receiver, and used my existing speakers.

I picked up a SVS PB-2000 Pro (freaking sick) and a Marantz SR5013 (found a killer deal on a factory refurb) and then paired that with the FL, M, FR speakers from the Logitech Z-5500 until I can afford to upgrade the speakers in the future.

I was then able to take the interface, the sub, and the remaining 2 speakers from the Logitech system and make a really nice 2.1 system in the office.

Best of luck!

-Drew