LANCOOL II and AIO ???

Klips_USA

I know with the LANCOOL II, I have a few options with regards to AIOs.

I thought that the answer on the CPU cooler would obviously be at the top with a 240mm AIO.  However; in some videos that I just watched, it appeared that the thermals might actually be better with the AIO in front of the case.

Anyone have any experience with this?  If I go with an AIO on the front, I can go with a 280mm or 360mm AIO.

Is Corsair AIOs good?  Never bought one before.  The models they carry are confusing.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Klips_USA said:

I know with the LANCOOL II, I have a few options with regards to AIOs.

I thought that the answer on the CPU cooler would obviously be at the top with a 240mm AIO.  However; in some videos that I just watched, it appeared that the thermals might actually be better with the AIO in front of the case.

Anyone have any experience with this?  If I go with an AIO on the front, I can go with a 280mm or 360mm AIO.

Is Corsair AIOs good?  Never bought one before.  The models they carry are confusing.

Thanks

I had a brief time with the lancool ii and you can put a 360 rad in the front. However I opted for the OD11 because of more fan placements. 

AIO at the top: hot air coming off the GPU has to be filtered through it, hotter CPU

AIO in front: fresh air, but kicks hot air back on the GPU.

Overall, the GPU is more sensitive to thermals when considering overclocking or GPU boost, so I usually run a radiator on top as exhaust. However, this varies from case to case, so feel free to experiment.

6 minutes ago, Klips_USA said:

Is Corsair AIOs good

Most are pretty good, of course they're a touch more expensive because of the brand name but most of their models in the range you're looking for are quite nice.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Some videos I watched showed a much bigger drop in CPU temps when in the front with very little difference to the GPU.

I kind of need to decide ahead of time as only a 240mm will fit on top.  If I go for the front, I'm thinking a 280mm or 360mm AIO.

So, hence my questions...  ?

11 minutes ago, Klips_USA said:

Some videos I watched showed a much bigger drop in CPU temps when in the front with very little difference to the GPU.

I kind of need to decide ahead of time as only a 240mm will fit on top.  If I go for the front, I'm thinking a 280mm or 360mm AIO.

So, hence my questions...  ?

I would go for the front. The main thing is to have a cooler CPU and GPU can be slightly higher in temps. It's a tradeoff but see what is more important for you. In my case I wanted both so spent the extra money on the od11