Help with post codes?

Hello,

Everyone thanks for your help in advance!

So My old gpu 7870 Ghz edition stopped working for me. I meant it worked and gave a display but when ever I installed drivers the screen would go black.

I tried installing old drivers from DVD which came with it and new drivers after running Display driver uninstaller but no change. I could not even watch youtube on it because of stutter.

Since my computer is old and gave me nothing but trouble since I first purchased it.

I decided to not spend much money on it and purchase a second hand GPU.

So I got a good deal and got an MSI dual fan 1060 6 GB of a good friend who ensured the gpu works and has 1 year of warranty.

So I purchased it and installed it and wolla! I got a display again :) So happy that I could get back to playing overwatch.

But my computer restarted with some bad gibberish graphics.

So I rebooted computer and ran the GPU benchmark (Heaven) which crashed at first.

Then I ran over watch which crashed giving some an error something like -  display adapter resolver failed.

So ignoring it I restarted computer. Let it sit for a few minutes then ran heaven without any problems. It worked! everything seemed fine.

I ran over watch played it but it crashed and my computer froze.

I rebooted the computer and tried to play over watch again. This time it ran fine without any problems I played one quick play game which I lost...

Then I started a competitive match and as soon as I found a game my computer screen went complete black like the monitor has turned off.

I rebooted the computer nothing the screen was still blank. I knew the monitor was getting a signal otherwise I would have gotten a message cable not connected.

So I rebooted it again and nothing same old black screen for me.

I turned off the computer completely. Discharged myself of static electricity and swapped my gpu with my old 7870 ghz to make sure the computer was still okay as my old card still gave display but only stopped when I installed drivers.

But sadly this time it also gave me the same old black screen (The black screen of doom)

So to my curious mind I rebooted the computer and heard 3 beeps. I removed the side panel and rebooted the computer.

I no longer hear those beeps but when I check the mother board I see some post codes.

Which I am not able to understand.

So any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I went through the motherboard guide no information about these codes.

I am attaching some images of the motherboard model..

Sorry I could not upload video here as it is more than 20 mb so I have uploaded it on youtube instead.

Here is the link : https://youtu.be/LCu7VxVDK6w

IMG_20200208_214723.jpg

IMG_20200210_031012.jpg

Edited by acepro71
Added images and video

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

This might not happen because of your GPU then, if as you mentioned, your computer is old and the same (ish?) things are happening with a new GPU. Can you tell your specs / how old the computer is? And you used DDU? So no driver conflict should be happening. From your first screenshot, I noticed it says you're running on Windows NT? What is that xD. Hopefully not.

2 minutes ago, Stockholmes said:

This might not happen because of your GPU then, if as you mentioned, your computer is old and the same (ish?) things are happening with a new GPU. Can you tell your specs / how old the computer is? And you used DDU? So no driver conflict should be happening.

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3  | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 ( The old card )/ MSI 1060 6 GB ( The new one)|  HDD: 1 TB Samsung | Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S | Power Supply: Cooler Master GX 650W v2

Can you possibly take a look at this video : https://youtu.be/LCu7VxVDK6w

and let me know if you have any knowledge about these codes : ?

PS - The computer is now old but I have not used it much... as I mentioned it gave me a lot of trouble so it has been dead most of the time I owned it. Every time I revive it then it works then dies again with some new problem

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

20 minutes ago, acepro71 said:

But my computer restarted with some bad gibberish graphics.

So I rebooted computer and ran the GPU benchmark (Heaven) which crashed at first.

Then I ran over watch which crashed giving some an error something like -  display adapter resolver failed.

So ignoring it I restarted computer. Let it sit for a few minutes then ran heaven without any problems. It worked! everything seemed fine.

I ran over watch played it but it crashed and my computer froze.

I rebooted the computer and tried to play over watch again. This time it ran fine without any problems I played one quick play game which I lost...

Then I started a competitive match and as soon as I found a game my computer screen went complete black like the monitor has turned off.

I rebooted the computer nothing the screen was still blank. I knew the monitor was getting a signal otherwise I would have gotten a message cable not connected.

So I rebooted it again and nothing same old black screen for me.

This sounds more like CPU thermal or a RAM problem. You should run memtest86 on it. 

Blackscreen is typically the "cpu has locked up" state. Thermal usually results in the system shutting down, but as I mentioned, it's possibly RAM. RAM problems crop up in any number of ways, usually in a extremely predictable pattern (eg exactly 5 minutes after boot) because the PC loads things in a certain order so they go into specific memory spaces. A CPU failure on the other hand will usually be triggered as soon as it hits the thermal level for it to fail.

Some MSI's will display the CPU temp in the POST code readout once the system "Boots", I believe that explains the countdown I'm seeing there. I know I had an older one (790FX-GD70) that would do that as a CPU temperature monitoring option in the BIOS.

I'd try another GPU and see what it does, sounds like a GPU issue going on here.

BTW what is that squeaking noise in the vid?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

8 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Some MSI's will display the CPU temp in the POST code readout once the system "Boots", I believe that explains the countdown I'm seeing there. I know I had an older one (790FX-GD70) that would do that as a CPU temperature monitoring option in the BIOS.

I'd try another GPU and see what it does, sounds like a GPU issue going on here.

BTW what is that squeaking noise in the vid?

Ive already tried two gpus as i mentioned msi 1060 6 gb and 7870 ghz edition

New video :

99 usually means it's good and it's passed POST.

Again, the numbers you are seeing after that are displaying CPU temps actively, that's why you see them going up and down. I still believe it's a GPU issue but it could mean the PCI-E slot the card is in could have a problem.

Try the GPU in a different slot and see what happens, also be sure the slot itself is clean.

Just swab the little fingers in the slot with a touch of alchohol to clean - Unplug the machine while doing this and make sure all the alchohol has evaporated - As in the fumes are gone before plugging the machine back to power and setting the card back in to try it.

Aside from that I'd be thinking a possible RAM problem.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

11 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

99 usually means it's good and it's passed POST.

Again, the numbers you are seeing after that are displaying CPU temps actively, that's why you see them going up and down. I still believe it's a GPU issue but it could mean the PCI-E slot the card is in could have a problem.

Try the GPU in a different slot and see what happens, also be sure the slot itself is clean.

Just swab the little fingers in the slot with a touch of alchohol to clean - Unplug the machine while doing this and make sure all the alchohol has evaporated - As in the fumes are gone before plugging the machine back to power and setting the card back in to try it.

Aside from that I'd be thinking a possible RAM problem.

I reset the motherboard using reset button and now im getting display with my old card atleast now im sure my computer did not die. Ill get the 1060 I purchased rmaed

13 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

-

35 minutes ago, Kisai said:

-

Thanks both for helping me out much appreciated

No prob - Be sure to clean out the slot when you have a chance to and make sure when you do, you remove power from the machine (Unplug from the wall). Once done make sure all the fumes are gone before applying power again.

If it does this again try a different PCI-E slot and see what it does.

Good luck!