Siberia V2 vs Siberia V2 Frost Blue

Creed

What's the difference between these two headsets?  I know one has blue LED's on the earcups, and one uses a USB soundcard.   Is that it? Which one would you recommend?  I don't have an Amp or DAC if that matters at all. 

Yes, I know that they don't have the best sound for the price, but I'm not buying these for sound.  I have some Beyerdynamic DT 880's if I want sound quality.  I'm using these for comfort while gaming, and talking with friends.

Thanks!

Yeah, what Mayflower said. You'll be getting a better experience all round with a snowflake, for less money. However, I know at least in Norway, the Blue Snowball actually costs less than the Snowflake last time I checked. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Get something from Blue. Snowflake, Yeti (What I have) or the Snowball are all great options for the price. You can get other microphones that are in that price range, but it's hard to beat Blue's price/performance ratio. Headset microphones are terrible. 

Get something from Blue. Snowflake, Yeti (What I have) or the Snowball are all great options for the price. You can get other microphones that are in that price range, but it's hard to beat Blue's price/performance ratio. Headset microphones are terrible. 

Should be noted for future reference that if an individual is only using his mic for VoIP is would be smarter to go with just the Snowflake and not waste money and space with the Snowball or Yeti. As VoIP's won't really make the best use of the two aforementioned mics and they do take up space in a way the Snowflake does not. 

Guys... I said I wanted the headset, not just a mic.  I know it's not the best mic, nor is it the best headset.  I only want to know what the difference is between the two.  I can't hear anything with a blue Yeti/Snowball.

Guys... I said I wanted the headset, not just a mic.  I know it's not the best mic, nor is it the best headset.  I only want to know what the difference is between the two.  I can't hear anything with a blue Yeti/Snowball.

Well if you have DT880's like you say you do, then use those. 

Well if you have DT880's like you say you do, then use those. 

776.gif

Op, the only difference between any Siberia V2 is the color. Duh.

As mentioned, the Siberia V2 Frost Blue Edition is the same as the Siberia V2 USB (the USB adapter is actually a little sound card; not the best, but better than a lot of on-board audio). The standard Siberia V2 is a little cheaper, but does not have the USB soundcard included.

I'm a big fan of my Siberia V2 USB headset. Super comfortable for gaming/wearing long-term, and there's no noise issues/etc while gaming because of them. I use mine daily for gaming with a crew.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Because when I travel, I prefer to only bring a 90 dollar headset, not a several 100 dollar headset and a mic.