2. 2. Do you have performance hits that is noticeable

3. 3. Why do you use your VPN

• Price
    • Reliability
    • Server count
    • Region count
    • Privacy claims/Privacy Policy
    • Speed
  4. 4. How many devices can you use at once?

5. 5. Is your speed from what you know limited or capped?

• Yes
    • No
    • Certain places/servers/regions
  6. 6. Do you have an option for monthly, quarterly, semi-yearly, yearly, more than one year billing?

7. 7. How satisfied are you with your VPN

• 100% - 90%
    • 90% - 75%
    • 75% - 50%
    • 50% - 40%
    • Less than 40%

Hello LTT Forum,

I am making this post to sorta expand the conversation of VPN's and to see what people get vs what they are promised specifically PIA got bought by Kapetech 

Surfshark is pretty good, but I personally use Hotspot Shield as it's reliable and affordable, at least for me. Here's a comparison website.

Also, PIA was the subject of some really complicated controversy that I won't post here, because I don't want to get banned.
Good luck with your VPN!

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

A turd with an HDMI cable jammed into it is more powerful than a MacBook Air, and up until this year it had a better display, too.

☢️ Know Your Allergens: ☢️

Pollen | Plastic | Radiation | Antimatter

part list

Either stick with PIA, or go Nord (I still trust them). Your school is blocking your use of a VPN. The school I work at does the same thing, I can't get any internet what-so-ever when trying to use a VPN. 10 devices seems pretty normal and a lot IMO. Unless you're hooking up all your fam with your one account. Maybe you need to split it between two accounts in that case. Either way, LMG are giving PIA a second chance. Just stick with PIA, I don't really see anything wrong with it.

TunnelBear is now owned by McAfee. Can't trust it given it's owned by one of the prying eye's countries.

Just now, TempestCatto said:

Either stick with PIA, or go Nord (I still trust them). Your school is blocking your use of a VPN. The school I work at does the same thing, I can't get any internet what-so-ever when trying to use a VPN. 10 devices seems pretty normal and a lot IMO. Unless you're hooking up all your fam with your one account. Maybe you need to split it between two accounts in that case. Either way, LMG are giving PIA a second chance. Just stick with PIA, I don't really see anything wrong with it.

I am planning on sticking with PIA because my service has been almost 95% reliable the only time where I have issues is at my schools giant deadzone of a Cafe 

Been using Surfshark for quite some time now, and I'm happy with their services. Their prices are low, the speed is okay, and there's not much difference from VPN's such as Express or others, except for the fact that it's cheaper. Would recommend.

• 2 months later...

Don´t use Nord VPN when using p2p. They don´t have open ports which limits your connections and upload speed

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

Don´t use Nord VPN when using p2p. They don´t have open ports which limits your connections and upload speed

I've never had this issue and just the other day used their p2p servers. No issues what-so-ever. Though that is a curious problem.

4 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I've never had this issue and just the other day used their p2p servers. No issues what-so-ever. Though that is a curious problem.

Are you sure? Can you upload with full speed?
I did some research and tried annother VPN with an open port and could upload there with full speed.

15 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Are you sure? Can you upload with full speed?
I did some research and tried annother VPN with an open port and could upload there with full speed.

I don't exclusively seed, but my upload speed is limited to 2mb by my ISP. I do achieve that when p2p-ing. So maybe I just never noticed it because of my shite internet in the first place.