Puppy Linux on Laptop ?

I have an old laptop from 2000 and the hard drive has failed

I have decided to get puppy linux, a linux distro that can run off a USB and RAM and is very light

I got the ISO (I think the right one) and burned it to a disc, but it is not booting

I think i did something wrong with the disc or missed a step

Is there anything i have to do with the disc to get the OS to work or just have the ISO burned to the disc ?

Thanks, this is my first time installing any linux distro :)

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

What happens when it boots? Check the BIOS for the boot order, make sure the CD drive is top of the boot priority.

What happens when it boots? Check the BIOS for the boot order, make sure the CD drive is top of the boot priority.

I put the CD at the top of the priority list, but it doesn't work

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Does anything come up on the screen? An error or anything?

Does anything come up on the screen? An error or anything?

No operating system detected, same as before

Right ok, how did you burn it? Have a read on burning ISO's to discs, Ubuntu has some good support, I would post a link, but the forums and my surface don't seam to get along when posting links :/

Right ok, how did you burn it? Have a read on burning ISO's to discs, Ubuntu has some good support, I would post a link, but the forums and my surface don't seam to get along when posting links :/

I just burned it normally, not too sure what you mean by that, i will take a look