Gaming Monitors

Can anyone tell me the difference between a £400 1ms gaming monitor vs £100 1ms gaming monitor in terms of speed of monitor etc.

Cause I see 1ms monitors that are expensive and some that aren't.

Also, I mean the difference for console gaming, not PC, cause I know console runs at 60hz and some games less, so I am just curious at what the actual difference is in terms of actual response times etc

Could you link me the 2 montiors and I can try to point out the differences

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

So currently for Console I use: Benq GL2460BH and for PC MSI Optix G241VC.

They're both 1ms, but what's the difference between mine and say a Asus VG248QE which is what the pro COD player FormaL uses in terms of how fast the monitor is for console.

1 hour ago, Rezoic said:

So currently for Console I use: Benq GL2460BH and for PC MSI Optix G241VC.

They're both 1ms, but what's the difference between mine and say a Asus VG248QE which is what the pro COD player FormaL uses in terms of how fast the monitor is for console.

For console there isn't any difference really, the ASUS will be better next gen (or for pc) as it runs at 144Hz but for current gen consoles as they run at 60Hz max.

If you are looking to upgrade you could do it now as next gen consoles are coming up quick, or you could use it on your pc.

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

2 hours ago, Rezoic said:

Can anyone tell me the difference between a £400 1ms gaming monitor vs £100 1ms gaming monitor in terms of speed of monitor etc.

Cause I see 1ms monitors that are expensive and some that aren't.

Response time is a practically useless metric. The only difference between the two is likely what panels they use, what refresh rate they support, how many options you have to play with in the on-screen display menu, any other features like FreeSync it has, and how adjustable it is.