Low FPS with 3000x ryzen .. help

cod_7sen

Hello everyone

I just built my new pc rig .... however upon playing destiny 2 on 1440p im getting only around 90-110 fps on ultra settings this is not what benchmarks on the internet is telling where it should be around 180 fps on ultra 

i have installed the latest drivers available (bios,chipset,gpu .... etc) .... is it an amd issue cause i'm seeing other users with same issue on destiny 2 as well ... or just destiny 2 bug?

My hardware :

CPU : AMD ryzen 3800x

GPU : RTX 2080 Super

RAM : G.SKILL neo 16GB 3600MHz

Motherboard : ROG Crosshair VIII HERO

SSD : M.2 1TB Sarbent rocket Gen4

Just wonder my intel friends ,, how much fps you having with rtx 2080 super on 1440p destiny 2

Help ?!

Whenever you have performance issues, please do the following:

1) ensure your drivers are up to date, extra programs are closed, windows is updated, so is the BIOS, etc.

2) install and/or open monitoring software to track: CPU usage per core, CPU temps, CPU power limits, CPU clock speeds, RAM usage, GPU temps, GPU power limits, GPU usage, GPU clock speeds, GPU memory speed, GPU memory usage, and some more things I'm not remembering or bothering to say, I'm sure

2.5) (I recommend MSI afterburner + task manager for this, personally)

3) play your game, and track those stats during gameplay

90% of the time, you'll look at those metrics, and see what is bottlenecking your experience (i.e. something is overheating and throttling, or hitting a power limit, or is underclocked, or simply is a natural bottleneck but nothing is wrong...). So it's hard to help w/o that info, and most of the time if you have it you won't even need us.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

16 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Whenever you have performance issues, please do the following:

1) ensure your drivers are up to date, extra programs are closed, windows is updated, so is the BIOS, etc.

2) install and/or open monitoring software to track: CPU usage per core, CPU temps, CPU power limits, CPU clock speeds, RAM usage, GPU temps, GPU power limits, GPU usage, GPU clock speeds, GPU memory speed, GPU memory usage, and some more things I'm not remembering or bothering to say, I'm sure

2.5) (I recommend MSI afterburner + task manager for this, personally)

3) play your game, and track those stats during gameplay

90% of the time, you'll look at those metrics, and see what is bottlenecking your experience (i.e. something is overheating and throttling, or hitting a power limit, or is underclocked, or simply is a natural bottleneck but nothing is wrong...). So it's hard to help w/o that info, and most of the time if you have it you won't even need us.

Bungie use anti-cheat and block overlay hardware monitoring ... don't know how to monitor during gameplay

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101

10 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

MSAA ---> SMAA

already SMAA

should be around 180 fps on ultra 

are you sure it wasn't at less than 1440p? basics.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:44 AM, cod_7sen said:

Bungie use anti-cheat and block overlay hardware monitoring ... don't know how to monitor during gameplay

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101

Second monitor makes that easy. But I do also like to focus on my game while gaming, so what I meant was to run those tools, then play the game, and then quit the game and look at the graphs over time those apps present for you. No need for an overlay since they collect data over time. 

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...