Looking for some help to game with a friend in Vancouver

Craigk179

So as the title suggest I am wanting to game with a friend currently in Canada for about 2 years. 

I am in the UK and before he left I sorted him an HP 840 G3 for standard Netflix and accessing my Plex server etc. But the poor Intel HD 520 struggles with most games. He has got Dungeon Siege 2 to run OK but multiplayer servers are shut down now.

I'm looking to try and source a rig that he could potentially use just for light gaming, not fussed on 60fps across AAA titles at all just some older games. Potentially running Diablo III and maybe at a push Divinity original sin 2.

He is coming back to the UK for a week in April and I have a R7 260x that he can take back with him so would probably be just the main unit, monitor, mouse and keyboard.

Any and all help is appreciated

1 hour ago, Craigk179 said:

I have a R7 260x that he can take back with him

The R7 rocks. Still use it as my main GPU. (I don't play the latest games though, but it runs most things fine at 1080p)

Try and obtain some older office PC (something with like an i3/i5 and 4 gigs of ram, perhaps even a q6600) pop in some extra ram and the R7 and you should be in business.

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning.... I guess

Are you asking help on parts? Or where to buy them? Or just begging for free stuff (against our rules)?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, akio123008 said:

The R7 rocks. Still use it as my main GPU. (I don't play the latest games though, but it runs most things fine at 1080p)

Try and obtain some older office PC (something with like an i3/i5 and 4 gigs of ram, perhaps even a q6600) pop in some extra ram and the R7 and you should be in business.

I have an R7 260x from Asus as my main card too. It was paired with an i5 4400 and it's been paired with a r5 1600 for a year and a half now. Been using it for 4 years, still rocks. 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:20 AM, Seriouswhyso said:

I have an R7 260x from Asus as my main card too. It was paired with an i5 4400 and it's been paired with a r5 1600 for a year and a half now. Been using it for 4 years, still rocks. 

r5 1600 here too.