new PC constantly BSOD'ing

mxk

Hi everyone, I just helped my friend build a new PC and it's blue screened 3 times within the past 10 minutes. First and second time it blue screened at the counter strike menu and the third time it was right on the login page for the computer. I have literally no idea what the problem is.

It just blue screened a fourth time while he was at the csgo menu. It actually just blue screened a fifth time while at desktop. Both of these were while I was typing the specs

Here's the specs

ryzen 2700x

Asus x470 prime-pro

evga 1070ti ftw2

t force Vulcan z 2x8 16gb 3200mhz 

evga g5 750w

Any help is appreciated for my friends sake as this is his first pc.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, Cvet76 said:

What does the BSOD screen error say? There should be an error code on the screen.
What have you tried doing so far?

shittttt I don't remember what they all say. One of them said something about drivers so we're going through and updating all the drivers.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, Cvet76 said:

This would be a good thing to pay attention to as it can save a ton of time and unnecessary work.

Smart. Make sure you properly remove the old drivers before installing new ones. Preferably in safe mode.

yeah I'm just going through and installing all the different drivers right now. So far this is the longest we've gone without any bluescreens though we haven't opened counter strike.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

7 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

This would be a good thing to pay attention to as it can save a ton of time and unnecessary work.

Smart. Make sure you properly remove the old drivers before installing new ones. Preferably in safe mode.

It just blue screened again and said "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" 

edit: i changed the memory speed to 3000mhz in the bios to maybe see if that would help.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

The RAM is one stick or dual channel ?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

The RAM is one stick or dual channel ?

Dual channel rated for 3200mhz. I just changed it to 3000mhz.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

3 minutes ago, mxk said:

Dual channel rated for 3200mhz. I just changed it to 3000mhz.

Have it a try, but AMD likes high speed RAM

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

24 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Have it a try, but AMD likes high speed RAM

yeye I've heard it all before and told many people. Not like 200mhz is much a difference anyway so I don't see what the problem is especially since it hasn't blue screened since

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk said:

yeye I've heard it all before and told many people. Not like 200mhz is much a difference anyway so I don't see what the problem is especially since it hasn't blue screened since

Then you are find, finding the sweet spot.

23 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

run windows memory diagnostic. Literally open start and type "memory diagnostic" and make it run after restart. Could be your RAM is corrupted.

Multiple people also recommend running a disk check (cmd>sfc/scannow), but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

edit to add: Do you have any particular program running on startup that is running in the background that you yourself have installed? Have you tried monitoring background processes for a bit for anything unusual?

Here's a link to a topic that maybe helpful: https://superuser.com/questions/1354483/how-to-fix-memory-management-and-attempted-write-to-readonly-memory-bsod-on-wind

from what I remember since I'm at home now is that he has Razer synapse, steam, and discord all run on startup.

I'll send my friend what you've told me though I doubt he'll do anything without me being there. Even though it's simple he has no idea with anything more complicated than just using the computer.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 hour ago, mxk said:

Hi everyone, I just helped my friend build a new PC and it's blue screened 3 times within the past 10 minutes. First and second time it blue screened at the counter strike menu and the third time it was right on the login page for the computer. I have literally no idea what the problem is.

It just blue screened a fourth time while he was at the csgo menu. It actually just blue screened a fifth time while at desktop. Both of these were while I was typing the specs

Here's the specs

ryzen 2700x

Asus x470 prime-pro

evga 1070ti ftw2

t force Vulcan z 2x8 16gb 3200mhz 

evga g5 750w

Any help is appreciated for my friends sake as this is his first pc.

If it stays up long enough , run bluescreenview that will tell you what driver is likely responsible. Unless of course it's like hal.dll, then it's probably the RAM or CPU.

Always install the chipset drivers for hardware newer than the OS. That will ensure that SATA/NVMe drives work correctly, as that's usually one reason why inexplicable blue screen's show up (the hard drive disappears due to power issues or timeouts.)

13 hours ago, Cvet76 said:

Well, here's a chance to learn then, I guess :D

yeah hopefully, I had to learn everything myself researching my PC.

13 hours ago, Kisai said:

If it stays up long enough , run bluescreenview that will tell you what driver is likely responsible. Unless of course it's like hal.dll, then it's probably the RAM or CPU.

Always install the chipset drivers for hardware newer than the OS. That will ensure that SATA/NVMe drives work correctly, as that's usually one reason why inexplicable blue screen's show up (the hard drive disappears due to power issues or timeouts.)

yeah I was going to get an app like that or that exact app, I looked into it with him last night.

I was going through and getting the drivers for his motherboard last night and i don't think I got to installing the drivers for the chipset but I'll make sure I do that next time I'm able to help.

I honestly think it might be the RAM or something with the drive we installed. He bought two samsung 860 drives and we plugged the second mass storage one in much later because I had to get another SATA cable for him. It hasn't blue screened since I put the RAM to 3000mhz (even though it's rated for 3200 -.-)

The first blue screen was in csgo, which was installed on the new D drive after we plugged it in and added it with disk management.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra