Canon 600D vs Sony RX100

Ebenesh

Hey, I am doing my undergraduate course now and will be done in another 3 months. I will be moving to the US after for my graduate studies. I was just wondering which would be better. It's going to be my first visit and so I will be taking a lot of photos. 

It should serve all the purposes I would need it to serve during my studies 

My vote goes for the 600D. I own it and recommend to anyone. It does weigh more and is bigger but offers much more flexibility. IF you can afford it get more lenses and grow the collection and enjoy photography overtime.

Very very different cameras, I would suggest you decide what type of camera you really want and then search within that type for the perfect travel partner. 

Nothing to see here - move along.

600D by far.

It is a fantastic camera. just youtube 600D(T3i is the American model name for it) it captures brilliant photo and video.

Also it usually comes with a 18-55mm lens, Pay out an extra £100 for a cannon 50mm lens as the nifty fifty is a lens every photographer needs.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5