Minecraft server and Website using same domain

Insprill
Go to solution Solved by mtz_federico,
20 hours ago, Insprill. said:

Ok i should've elaborated more. So the redirect is there because my site is hosted by Tebex and they don't offer A records, so the redirect is there so if someone types example.net it takes them to www.example.net. But if someone type example.net/store it shows whats in the pic below. But it is also there so people can connect to the server and the site with example.net and mc.example.net

868C42D8-4255-472D-ACC5-E614A730215C.jpeg

you need to add another redirect in a folder called store so that it redirects to the store url (www.example.net/store)

Ok so not 100% sure where to put this but i hope here is ok :) So i want to have it so people can join my Minecraft server and go to my website from mc.example.net and example.net. The way i have it right now is they both point to my ip but both port 25565 and 80 and port forward so it automatically gets sent to the right one, however cause im using a super basic redirect when someone types say example.net/store is says the page doesn't exist. So I'm either looking for a way to have a more advanced redirect or a different solution all together. Hope that makes sense :)

Well I don't know what exact redirect program you're using but I can at least try to help a little bit

When you're trying to access the subdirectory, example.net/store, is your router getting the packets and not knowing what to do with them or is it not getting them at all?

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess

Can you expound more on the redirect? Is this an html redirect? What webserver are you using? Also if possible can you post the config, and scrub any private data? 

From what I understand the problem is not the minecraft server, right?

How are you doing the redirect?

Why do you need the redirect to work for other URLs anyway?

What is the redirect even doing?  What's it for?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Ok i should've elaborated more. So the redirect is there because my site is hosted by Tebex and they don't offer A records, so the redirect is there so if someone types example.net it takes them to www.example.net. But if someone type example.net/store it shows whats in the pic below. But it is also there so people can connect to the server and the site with example.net and mc.example.net

Well, you can do that. Depends for your domain provider. You should setup it on your domain provider's website.

Website using 80

MC using 25565

They can using 1 domain.

Because think about it, your IPv4 address, can hold port 1-65535, and the IP can process all ports, so it works.

Do you have a 'virtual hosts' set up in your webserver?  That would only offer pages to specific hostnames, you should be able to add a non-www alias to the configuration and offer the same page.

Otherwise network wise there isn't anything you would need to do to slice those out, the game client will automatically expect that default port, and the web browser automatically expects 80 for requests prefixed with http://

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

20 hours ago, Insprill. said:

you need to add another redirect in a folder called store so that it redirects to the store url (www.example.net/store)