Chaser A41: Creating a tidy yet flashy computer

SJBijzitter

I won't be modifying the case itself as I do not current have the means to, I will simply be focussing on making the inside as sleek as possible (cable management, colormatching, shit like that) while also trying to create a sick lighting effect.

I have ordered blue and green LED fans, however they messed up and delivered to the wrong city... >.<

Of course they're sending out a new package, but it'll take a little while for me to receive it.

Next to that I don't have a PSU right now, so I'll be trying to hook up an old one hoping I won't burn my house down.

First picture shows the left side of the case, towards the front. This is where I routed my SATA cables and the front intake fan.

The second picture shows them from another perspective (ignore the red cables). So far cable management is easy as fuck!

More to come tomorrow or sooner.

Edit: okay maybe not seeing tomorrow is Valentine's day.

6UJAI.jpg

6UJJi.jpg

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

When will you add more pics? @SJBijzitter

Very soon but I managed to get a date for today... so I won't be working on my computer haha

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

Very soon but I managed to get a date for today... so I won't be working on my computer haha

Good for you. I am not going out with my gf for another 7 hours so I am browsing ltt until then.

Just got home from my date, wanted to go to bed (exhausted as fuck)... but then I found this package!!!

6Wjzx.jpg

oooooo is that a sabretooth i see? is that gonna be in your final build?

also some nice imaginative cable management there, i might use that when i get my new case

Yeah the 990FX :) Really enjoying that board!

-Mewtwo

I want that lolly

Trust me, I needed that lolly after mounting the BitFenix fan... damn that took a lot of pressure! I actually busted a cheap screwdriver!

Added all three fans, the blue ones on the top and the green one on the bottom. I also placed the two CCFL tubes on the top, hidden from direct view but they should give a nice contrast to the blue fans! They are sound controlled and I used the velcro to mount the inverter and sound-module to a part of the case where it will not be visible at all, but will still be relatively easily accessible as all I'd need to do is remove the left side panel to access the module!

The red cables tucked away in the 3.5" bay are waiting to be connected to a PSU, which I currently do not have. The connectors for the CPU cooler will be guided by the CPU powercable, so those are currently also detached.

6Wrdp.jpg

6WreZ.jpg

6Wrfx.jpg

6Wrg1.jpg

-Mewtwo

Just got home from my date, wanted to go to bed (exhausted as fuck)... but then I found this package!!!

-snip-

Yeah the 990FX :) Really enjoying that board!

yeah was gonna get that board but i decided to get the ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z

yeah was gonna get that board but i decided to get the ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z

Also a very solid choice :-)

I like Asus' MOBOs, never had any issue with them!

-Mewtwo

• 3 weeks later...

A new PSU allows me to finally turn on the new fans and lights, let's give it a try shall we? ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eARFf1DYkd4

-Mewtwo

Alright all cables are plugged in and the right (windowed) side is now tidy as can be. The left side however is now a mess, but I'll figure that out!

post-52821-0-21391200-1393939515_thumb.j

post-52821-0-38402600-1393939516_thumb.j

post-52821-0-51366600-1393939517_thumb.j

post-52821-0-53541500-1393939518_thumb.j

post-52821-0-91993900-1393939520_thumb.j

post-52821-0-44299500-1393939523_thumb.j

-Mewtwo