Coin Credit Card

ThatGuy

Hey Linus, I'd be interested in you doing some coverage of the Coin credit card replacement. I'm extremely interested in the product, but I'm not really sure about buying one because I have some quality and security concerns about it. I was wondering if you'd be willing to pick one up and use it for like 30 days and give us feedback on your experience with it. I think digital wallets are the future of transactions, and this could be the first step into that transition for many people

Make sure to tag him @LinusTech and/or @Slick

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Hey Linus, I'd be interested in you doing some coverage of the Coin credit card replacement. I'm extremely interested in the product, but I'm not really sure about buying one because I have some quality and security concerns about it. I was wondering if you'd be willing to pick one up and use it for like 30 days and give us feedback on your experience with it. I think digital wallets are the future of transactions, and this could be the first step into that transition for many people

Why not just get a contactless debit/credit card? A few banks here (UK) have started offering them.

Why not just get a contactless debit/credit card? A few banks here (UK) have started offering them.

I'd love to, but I live in the US, and up until last week I didn't know using signatures for authentication on credit cards wasn't the norm, because it is here. I think its going to be a fair amount of years until we get contactless debit cards here in the states

Personally, I don't think this entire Coin thing is going to work out very well. I mean, a two year battery life on with frequent bluetooth connectivity. Asides from maybe someone who carries around 6+ credit cards, I don't see how this would even be really useful. Most people are still going to be carrying around a wallet, and you can fit 3-4 cards in there without any extra bulge. 
Not trying to bash on the company here. Props to them from coming up with something radical, but I'm slightly skeptical on this entire thing.