Help gnome software store

Since I like the simplistic xfce view, I used it, but i hated the package manager, then I installed the gnome software store, but while making a cache refresh, although the store works, it is still making it although its loaded. It's even able to install apps, yet it's blocked.

What does "it's blocked" mean?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It just stays there like at 99.99999999% and hours later doesn鈥檛 go anywhere聽

Have you tried launching it from the terminal to see what it's stuck on? Also, try Synaptic. Not fancy but works just the same.

For the screen is blue and full of errors.
Powered by GNU/Linux 

Yeah I know synaptic but is just a small bit over the command prompt. There is just a feeling of finishness in the gnome store聽

And since it鈥檚 partially the family computer and I鈥檓 the only Linux user, one should try to keep things as clean as possible聽

This is a common issue. Gui software manager often freezes, take forever to refresh/load and hang on software installation. On top of that, many do not show all the packages that you need.

As a result I exclusively use the terminal. If you must use gui, I suggest you use synaptic or if you are on suse, yast which are the only two gui software managers I used so far that have comparable experiences to a terminal utility.聽

Sudo make me a sandwich聽

On 2/2/2020 at 3:33 AM, Kidplayer_666 said:

Since I like the simplistic xfce view, I used it, but i hated the package manager, then I installed the gnome software store, but while making a cache refresh, although the store works, it is still making it although its loaded. It's even able to install apps, yet it's blocked.

What distro are you using? Different distros do things differently. Also if you start it from a terminal, does it spit out any errors?