How to prevent PC/Phone from streaming onto TV?

Hi

Recently I bought myself a nice modern TV (Haven't bought one since 2009 since I rarely watched it). I'm super satisfied with it except for one thing - Every device in my home got this symbol that allows it to stream any media directly onto my TV. Since I use YouTube as my music playlist, I've already disrupted my family with my music when someone was watching a movie. Same happened to me, someone was watching YouTube on a PC, only to have it stream onto TV. 

So is there any way to prevent these accidents? I haven't seen able to find an option to turn off media casting on either TV or PCs/Phones. Can someone help me with this issue?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

20 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Hi

Recently I bought myself a nice modern TV (Haven't bought one since 2009 since I rarely watched it). I'm super satisfied with it except for one thing - Every device in my home got this symbol that allows it to stream any media directly onto my TV. Since I use YouTube as my music playlist, I've already disrupted my family with my music when someone was watching a movie. Same happened to me, someone was watching YouTube on a PC, only to have it stream onto TV. 

So is there any way to prevent these accidents? I haven't seen able to find an option to turn off media casting on either TV or PCs/Phones. Can someone help me with this issue?

Maybe.

I can give some general suggestions on where I might look.  I’m not a WiFi guru and I don’t know the specifics of any of the devices involved.  Which makes and models would likely be needed for specific directions.  They won’t help me, but they might help someone more knowledgeable than me, and there are more than a few of those.

such a person would likely need the make and models of:

the TV

The wireless system (WiFi router most likely)

the phones and other things that connect to it.

For something to stream it’s got to connect. The simplest solution would be to turn the wireless off on the offending device.  If it’s doing it over Bluetooth setting the device to NOT pair with the TV should be enough.  If it’s doing it over wifi the answer may be in setting the TV to not talk to the various devices, which would be something specific to your TV.  There may be something better I don’t know about.

the specifics of how the devices are connecting gets important.  There might be an answer in your WiFi router settings for example.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.