Quadcopters

adelhied

hey guys I don't know if this is the right section. Recently one of my coworker bought a helicopter RC and the first thing that comes to my mind is the quadcopter now I really want a quadcopter but I don't have the money yet and I want to first research on that before buying can you tell me some site or your own experience on what to consider for buying quadcopters? 

anything and everything about quadcopters can really help just post it here, link it etc.

You can build your own for around $200 - 300.

Even cheaper if you make the frame yourself. Look on hobbyking.com for the parts, and flite test on Youtube for guides and stuff.

Do you want a small "toy one" or a big one that can mount cameras and stuff?

Because I got this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hubsan-H107L-Improved-Version/dp/B00D8CRR12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392293509&sr=8-1&keywords=hubsan+x4

It's very small, but pretty fun to play around with

Do you want a small "toy one" or a big one that can mount cameras and stuff?

Because I got this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hubsan-H107L-Improved-Version/dp/B00D8CRR12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392293509&sr=8-1&keywords=hubsan+x4

It's very small, but pretty fun to play around with

I want the average one. I like one of the hubsans' design but its too small really can't enjoy that.

You can build your own for around $200 - 300.

Even cheaper if you make the frame yourself. Look on hobbyking.com for the parts, and flite test on Youtube for guides and stuff.

the "build" word sounds interesting but picking the parts can be really a pain. can you tell me some good site to read to or guides?

depends on how much money u have and what will u use it for

i bought the dji phantom and also the dji phantom 2 (with camera)

pretty great quadcopter

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I want the average one. I like one of the hubsans' design but its too small really can't enjoy that.

the "build" word sounds interesting but picking the parts can be really a pain. can you tell me some good site to read to or guides?

it is a lot more simple than it looks.

You need:

A battery

electronic speed controllers

motors

a frame

a flight control board

radio tx & rx

The prebuilt ones like the DJI Phantom are much, much more expensive to repair, and less customisable than one you put together yourself. You WILL crash it and break stuff, and want to change things in the future.

it is a lot more simple than it looks.

You need:

A battery

electronic speed controllers

motors

a frame

a flight control board

radio tx & rx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yspYWf4U4Gs

The prebuilt ones like the DJI Phantom are much, much more expensive to repair, and less customisable than one you put together yourself. You WILL crash it and break stuff, and want to change things in the future.

wow thanks for this. I just really want some reliable source, I don't want stumbling around the internet thinking if this is really it thanks men.

any other things are still welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAh7itx8BI6oidvPG6tCKxh2zg0VSU4lt

You may find this interesting, it is a project with a couple of my classmates, we are in the process of building a raspberry pi quad-copter  

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

after searching for a while I found that I don't know some of their terminologies and product description. can you tell some basic terms that I need to know?