Core i5 Desktop Build

Im planning on doing a build for my new desktop,Im getting a 9400 which has no oc support,should i get another aftermarket cooler for it.;Does it have any impact on performance

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

country?

budget?

usecase?

Malaysia

Not though about yet not too expensive

Gaming,super light workstation

Just now, LeDetructor said:

Malaysia

Not though about yet not too expensive

Gaming,super light workstation

what is pricing of the r5 3600 and B450m AC or MSI b450 max branded boards compared to the 9400 package?

pricing can be a bit odd in those regions. 

what GPU are you looking at?

Ryzen 5 3600 is like 800+ b450 cheapest is like 235 

I5 9400 is like 750 lga 1151 is like 218

Another important thing is that im actually going to use a p106-100 so i cant use ryzen 5 3600 since it has no igpu

15 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

Another important thing is that im actually going to use a p106-100 so i cant use ryzen 5 3600 since it has no igpu

ah, well then go ahead. 

the stock cooler is fine, just a bit loud. 

Just now, GoldenLag said:

ah, well then go ahead. 

the stock cooler is fine, just a bit loud. 

Thanks,I have another question,Is 9100 a bottleneck for the 1060 6gb

Just now, LeDetructor said:

Thanks,I have another question,Is 9100 a bottleneck for the 1060 6gb

in modern titles, kinda. at that point id look at a 2400G or similar. 

22 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

Ryzen 5 3600 is like 800+ b450 cheapest is like 235 

I5 9400 is like 750 lga 1151 is like 218

Keep in mind that not any LGA 1151 motherboard will support the 9400. You will need a 300 series chipset to get Coffee Lake working.

If you could stretch your budget for the 3600 and B450 board, you would be getting better upgradability, productivity and gaming performance, but the 9400 should work fine regardless for now.

Also, getting the P106-100 to work properly will be quite a hassle, considering it's a mining card, so unless it is the only option you have for the GPU, I would suggest looking for a different card.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Keep in mind that not any LGA 1151 motherboard will support the 9400. You will need a 300 series chipset to get Coffee Lake working.

If you could stretch your budget for the 3600, you would be getting better upgradability, productivity and gaming performance, but the 9400 should work fine regardless.

Also, getting the P106-100 to work properly will be quite a hassle, considering it's a mining card, so unless it is the only option you have for the GPU, I would suggest looking for a different card.

Does a h310m work and Its actually quiet easy to get it working,u can download driver version 417.22 and go the registry editor and delete the AdapterType registry key and it will work

1 minute ago, LeDetructor said:

Its actually quiet easy to get it working,u can download driver version 417.22 and go the registry editor and delete the AdapterType registry key and it will work

Considering that's a driver released over a year ago at this point, I wouldn't call that really the optimal solution, but I guess it's better than not working at all.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

20 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-9100-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2400G/m806339vsm433194

It shows here that the 2400g is actually weaker then the 9100

CPU userbenchamrk is garbage for not taking into account threads beyond 4. 

singlecore is a little worse, but you gain SMT which is rather important in any new title. 

if you want singelthreaded permance that is about the same. the 3400G would do the trick. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

CPU userbenchamrk is garbage for not taking into account threads beyond 4. 

singlecore is a little worse, but you gain SMT which is rather important in any new title. 

if you want singelthreaded permance that is about the same. the 3400G would do the trick. 

Should i Buy a b450 motherboard so i could OC for an extra 60 or should i just go with the a320m.Please note that I will be doing this on the stock cooler

8 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

Should i Buy a b450 motherboard so i could OC for an extra 60 or should i just go with the a320m.Please note that I will be doing this on the stock cooler

definitely go for b450. find a board that has a heatsink on the vrm's

35 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

definitely go for b450. find a board that has a heatsink on the vrm's

Should i go for a 3200g or 3400g,Not including the IGPU.Which one should i choose while 3200g goes for 380,3400g goes for 600.and i will probably use a 240mm aio cooler for the 3200g.Will OC

5 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

i will probably use a 240mm aio cooler for the 3200g

for the price of the 3200g and a aio cooler, you can get a 3600 which will be much better.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

for the price of the 3200g and a aio cooler, you can get a 3600 which will be much better.

actually in my country,the 3200g and an aio cooler will only cost like 500-600 while the 3600 only will be 800 which exceeds my budget

actually in my country,the 3200g and an aio cooler will only cost like 500-600 while the 3600 only will be 800 which exceeds my budget

a 2600 then?

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

a 2600 then?

Thats a good idea,But it includes a wraith stealth instead of a wraith spire which makes me worry about the temps when i oc it.

Thats a good idea,But it includes a wraith stealth instead of a wraith spire which makes me worry about the temps when i oc it.

a non oc-d 2600 is still better than a oc-d 3200

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

Thanks alot man.I just remembered that my cousin will be having a ryzen 5 3600 with an aio,So i could probably use the wraith spire.

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Oh shoot.....I just remembered that i will be using a p106-100 so i will need an IGPU.....................