Alternatives to notepad++ in kali linuxs

Hey, I began to hate windows over the last couple of months and found because I am doing penertraition testing and coding in html and php and python I need an alternitive to notepad I understand kali has a built in script for python but I like to design web sites and I am going to lern c in the near future if u can help that would be great

I don't know if gedit will do the job but I know it's used for coding. Just try it out and also look at the settings (Check display line numbers)

And i've used pico from the command line but I don't think that will suit your needs.

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

I heard good things about UltraEdit and Sublime Text.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Would you be better off with an IDE instead of a text editor?

If you only need (command line) text editing, then you can just use nano/vim/emacs.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Some choices.

vim (commandline), extremely customisable, many many plugins

Additionally gvim if you want some gui interaction

emacs, comes with both commandline and gui, very customisable, comes with built in games (wtf?) 

Geany, very similar to notepad++, part of the gnome desktop environment. 

Vim is my personal choice.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

vim or emacs,

both take a bit of learning, but it's worth it

i'd go for vim :)

Notepadqq is an attempt at notepad++ on Linux. I'd go with vim though.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Some choices.

vim (commandline), extremely customisable, many many plugins

Additionally gvim if you want some gui interaction

emacs, comes with both commandline and gui, very customisable, comes with built in games (wtf?) 

Geany, very similar to notepad++, part of the gnome desktop environment. 

Vim is my personal choice.

Learn VI and own the world, stick to GUI apps and be handicapped for years to come, in regards to editing files on the fly on any OS.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I like gedit, but if it's for some quick edit or config file i use either nano or vim.

Signatures are stupid.