Can I put a 8gb stick with 3x2gb ddr3 1333mhz ram?

Go to solution Solved by TomvanWijnen,

Yes, that should work just fine. :) I've ran 2x4GB + 1x8GB DDR3 for years without issues and other even weirder DDR2 configurations as well. :)

So basically i want to upgrade my pc (by that i mean my dad) with a 8gb ram.

The question is will my pc work fine after i put the 8gb module with 3x2gb modules.

What speed is the 8gb stick? If its the same speed you have a Chance that it'll work. But getting the same sticks is always a good idea. 

If anything you could get rid of the 3x2 and just have the 8gb. It'll be faster than 6 gig i guess.

Yes you can, unless the motherboard has a limitation on how many modules / max capacity you can use.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Yes, that should work just fine. :) I've ran 2x4GB + 1x8GB DDR3 for years without issues and other even weirder DDR2 configurations as well. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7