Server and Printer port forwarding

Stoigeboiii

I have a two routers in my house. I have an Xfinity Modem/Router and then an Orbi. The Orbi is connected to the Xfinity Router. I currently have a server that I'm trying to portfoward on the Orbi but it's not working. I'm not sure if it's because the Orbi is connecting infront of another router. Any help or advise would be amazing!

I also have a printer that I'd like to work on both networks. However, I'm not sure exactly how to do that. Which router the printer should connect to and which was to potential port forward it to be accessible on both networks? Thanks!

This would be the case. It's referred to as a Double NAT. You'll need to connect the server to the primary Router or replace the second router with a switch.

It's easier if everything can exist on one network. Do you have a reason for segregating them?

I'd advise leveraging a VPN solution instead, exposing services and printers via the Internet isn't the best idea.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

20 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

This would be the case. It's referred to as a Double NAT. You'll need to connect the server to the primary Router or replace the second router with a switch.

It's easier if everything can exist on one network. Do you have a reason for segregating them?

Basically the way my house is designed having one central network doesn't work since we have think walls and its spread out. So we use the Orbi and it's mesh network to leverage that. There is a furnace and oven between my room and the router. So without using a mesh network I couldn't connect to wifi from my room. 

Is there anyone to get the Server to show up on both networks? 

2 minutes ago, Stoigeboiii said:

Basically the way my house is designed having one central network doesn't work since we have think walls and its spread out. So we use the Orbi and it's mesh network to leverage that. There is a furnace and oven between my room and the router. So without using a mesh network I couldn't connect to wifi from my room. 

Is there anyone to get the Server to show up on both networks? 

You can have a single network and multiple access points. Either make the orbi the main router, or turn off the router on the orbi and only use it as a access point.

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can have a single network and multiple access points. Either make the orbi the main router, or turn off the router on the orbi and only use it as a access point.

Is a Double NAT bad?

I'm not sure how to make my orbi the main router? My modem/router is a comcast/xfinity one.

3 minutes ago, Stoigeboiii said:

Is a Double NAT bad?

I'm not sure how to make my orbi the main router? My modem/router is a comcast/xfinity one.

If you want to Port Forward yes. Some other services don't like it either.

Look into Bridged Mode.