Which mechanical keyboard under $60?

Vezun

Hello, title says all. Simply put, I just want to change from membrane to mechanical, for gaming and typing. I'm looking for something that is a good value for under $60 and because I don't really know a lot about finding a good mechanical keyboard, I am asking here. I would prefer it to be Cherry MX switches. Any response is appreciated.

You are not getting cherry mx under 60$, sometimes Rosewill and some other mechs go on  sale for that price, but that's fairly rare. Cherry are nothing special these days, certainly not the best as some people make them out to be.I just would get one of these : https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-K556-Mechanical-Keyboard-Aluminum/dp/B01NAI2TXC they are built very sturdy, and this one even has cherry brown equivalent, unlike other cheaper mechs that offer mostly blues. I assume you want full size and with all that rgb nonsense, if not I can recommend something that's a bit more understated looking and/or smaller size like TKL or 60%.

Just remembered this one : https://www.amazon.com/IKBC-Mechanical-Keyboard-Computer-Non-Backlit/dp/B01N23BCEE?th=1 it's cherry and in your budget, even has decent keycaps, limited switch options though, would recommend cherry reds since they don't offer browns and blue are loud as fuck and not ideal for gaming. Keep in mind that this particular seller has subpar rating but it's amazon and you can return it if something is wrong with it.

This one also is on sale  : https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Compact-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B06XC1WNPT

BTW I would recommend going to some store and trying at least few types of switches to determine what you like because switches are very personal, you might not like what I or some other person loves.

Edited by noxdeouroboros

@noxdeouroboros what if the store doesn't have keybords on display to try on, I kinda have the same Idea as @Vezun, but i dont mind paying a bit more, up to 100, since I'm thinking to plug my laptop into a display later on since I no longer carry my laptop around, and meanwhile using the keyboard at work cuz Im tired of typing on this Asus PR1101U.

The stores I go to usually sells a  lot of razer, some corsair and there's one asus if I'm not mistaken.

What would you recommend in this situation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

1 hour ago, wolfxtr3m said:

@noxdeouroboros what if the store doesn't have keybords on display to try on, I kinda have the same Idea as @Vezun, but i dont mind paying a bit more, up to 100, since I'm thinking to plug my laptop into a display later on since I no longer carry my laptop around, and meanwhile using the keyboard at work cuz Im tired of typing on this Asus PR1101U.

The stores I go to usually sells a  lot of razer, some corsair and there's one asus if I'm not mistaken.

What would you recommend in this situation

Where do you live? Buying online is an option or not?

21 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Where do you live? Buying online is an option or not?

Portugal, yeah buying online is an option, problem is, I would really like to get the feel of typing before buying, never had a mechanical keyboard before

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rise red as the dawn" - Scarlet Guard motto (Red Queen Series)

3 minutes ago, wolfxtr3m said:

Portugal, yeah buying online is an option, problem is, I would really like to get the feel of typing before buying, never had a mechanical keyboard before

There must be some store that has at least some boards on display? You just need some basic options, at least few switch types to test out, it doesn't matter that much what brand, be it corsair or asus.