My new PC :)

theAnxious1

So i am building a new PC from notihing. Budget is around £1000. I know nothing about PC's

Item                          

CPU    IntelCore I5 9600k                                                                        £200@Amazon  
CPU Cooler Corsair Hydro H60 Liquid                                                              £70@Amazon  
Motherboard Asus-Prime B450M-A                                                                    £100@Amazon  
Memory Corsair vegance RGB PRO 2x8GB DDR4 3200 C16XMP 2.0      £85@Amazon  
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SATA 2.5 Internal SSD                        £70@Amazon  
Video Card Zotac RTX 2060 Super                                                                  £350@Amazon  
Case Corsair 275r Airflow                                                                      £72@Amazon  
Power Supply EVGA 600 W1                                                                               £47@Amazon  
Case Fan Should have 3 coming with case  
Case Fan    
Case Fan    
Case Fan    
Case Fan    
Monitor    

I would like to hear your opinions and tips. Thanks guys :** 

Just now, boggy77 said:

Are you dead set on intel or would you consider amd?

Already bought it so yeah ;PP. But with other parts i just consider to buy them.

Um.. that's an AMD B450 motherboard, and that CPU is definitely not AMD.

36 minutes ago, theAnxious1 said:

Already bought it so yeah

What exactly did you already buy?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I would suggest using pcpartpicker.com for build lists as it checks for compatibility and makes it easier to read when you post the link. 

16 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Um.. that's an AMD B450 motherboard, and that CPU is definitely not AMD.

What exactly did you already buy?

Just a CPU (Intel core i5 9600k)

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

I would suggest using pcpartpicker.com for build lists as it checks for compatibility and makes it easier to read when you post the link. 

Yeah i already spent like 3 hours there today xD trying to find the best i can but with my knowledge and experience i wont go far :D

The RX 5700 XT isn't a whole lot more, but it would take you a bit over the £100. You could opt for a cheaper Gigabyte board like the Z390 UD but the one below will handle a 9900K better if you go down that road later on. You would probably want a better cooler as well for that cpu.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£197.98 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (£34.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£157.12 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£62.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£99.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  (£314.74 @ More Computers) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (£59.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£64.31 @ More Computers) 
Total: £992.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-23 20:46 GMT+0000

3 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

The RX 5700 XT isn't a whole lot more, but it would take you a bit over the £100. You could opt for a cheaper Gigabyte board like the Z390 UD but the one below will handle a 9900K better if you go down that road later on.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£197.98 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (£34.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£157.12 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£62.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£99.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  (£314.74 @ More Computers) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (£59.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£64.31 @ More Computers) 
Total: £992.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-23 20:46 GMT+0000

Honestly with all the driver issues with the rx 5700 and rx 5700 xt I wouldn't recommend it for new pc builders. Just way to much of a hassle go fix. 

7 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly with all the driver issues with the rx 5700 and rx 5700 xt I wouldn't recommend it for new pc builders. Just way to much of a hassle go fix. 

The driver issues can be fixed though. Of course if the op wants to go Nvidia then his choice. The 2060 is a bit slower though for the most part.

2 hours ago, lee32uk said:

The driver issues can be fixed though. Of course if the op wants to go Nvidia then his choice. The 2060 is a bit slower though for the most part.

Driver issues can be fixed but when you are building your first pc I am unsure if trying to find out how to make your graphics card function correctly is what people are going to want to do. I mean if driver issues cause your graphics card to perform worse then what is the point of the 5700 being faster on paper when driver issues prevent you from getting that performance? This is just coming from someone who has dealt with the painful process of trying to get a card to work correctly after spending a long time building a new pc. It's honestly demoralizing and if you can't figure it out a way to fix it you're kinda screwed. I would say that while the 5700 might be faster I would still take 2060 over it simply because I know it will work out of the box. 

I managed a decent inexpensive cooler, a board with a 9900K upgrade path possible (and built in wifi!), and an RX 5700 XT (or a 2060 Super if that's your wish) under £1000. :) 

• Cooler options (On paper this one looks solid and quiet at a great price. You could throw in ones I'm more familiar with like):
    • Pure Rock Slim (a bit less powerful, cheaper, a touch quieter) / eSports Duo (more powerful, a bit pricier, a bit noisier).
  • If the P300 doesn't tickle your fancy, there are plenty of other inexpensive cases with reasonable airflow, fan inclusion, glass pannels, RGB elements within the price range. I could help you pick something else out if this lacks something you'd like.

11 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I managed a decent inexpensive cooler, a board with a 9900K upgrade path possible (and built in wifi!), and an RX 5700 XT (or a 2060 Super if that's your wish) under £1000. :) 

• Cooler options (On paper this one looks solid and quiet at a great price. You could throw in ones I'm more familiar with like):
    • Pure Rock Slim (a bit less powerful, cheaper, a touch quieter) / eSports Duo (more powerful, a bit pricier, a bit noisier).
  • If the P300 doesn't tickle your fancy, there are plenty of other inexpensive cases with reasonable airflow, fan inclusion, glass pannels, RGB elements within the price range. I could help you pick something else out if this lacks something you'd like.

appreciate what you have done. Thanks :3