My PC is stuck in a constant reboot loop

Jayliss

Hi guys,

My machine is stuck in a constant reboot loop. It doesn't boot windows, it just constantly restarts. I am using windows 10.

What will I have to do in order to get this fixed? Can I boot into BIOS or replace the CMOS battery?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

19 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

Hi guys,

My machine is stuck in a constant reboot loop. It doesn't boot, windows it just constantly restarts. I am using windows 10.

What will I have to do in order to get this fixed? Can I boot into BIOS or replace the CMOS battery?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Cmos is where I would probably start.  power it down, pull the battery and then hit the power button.  Wait 5 min and reinstall the battery.

Did anything change that caused the loop?

49 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Cmos is where I would probably start.  power it down, pull the battery and then hit the power button.  Wait 5 min and reinstall the battery.

Did anything change that caused the loop?

Not as far as I am aware. I am asking for a friend. I am assuming that nothing changed as his PC sits in the same place and never gets moved. To me it sounds like it may also be a hardware failure as the machine is extremely old. I know that faulty RAM can cause this issue when it tries to boot as well so I will try moving his ram into another RAM slot later today.

4 hours ago, Jayliss said:

Not as far as I am aware. I am asking for a friend. I am assuming that nothing changed as his PC sits in the same place and never gets moved. To me it sounds like it may also be a hardware failure as the machine is extremely old. I know that faulty RAM can cause this issue when it tries to boot as well so I will try moving his ram into another RAM slot later today.

What’s the specs of this system?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS