Powered Bookshelf Speaker Lineup 2020?

rushboarduk

With the review you did for the Abyss Diana last month, I have to confess my ears (and wallet) felt they were burning given the system's costs, as there's no way I could afford THAT...

Still, it's been a long time since I had a decent set of speakers, so I am interested in some new ones.  Therefore, could LTT do a lineup of Powered Bookshelf Speakers, using budgets of $150, $250, $400 and $600 or more, respectively?  My interests are mostly in either Audioengine or Edifier, though you can select others so long as we can get them in the UK.

8 hours ago, Hyncharas said:

With the review you did for the Abyss Diana last month, I have to confess my ears (and wallet) felt they were burning given the system's costs, as there's no way I could afford THAT...

Still, it's been a long time since I had a decent set of speakers, so I am interested in some new ones.  Therefore, could LTT do a lineup of Powered Bookshelf Speakers, using budgets of $150, $250, $400 and $600 or more, respectively?  My interests are mostly in either Audioengine or Edifier, though you can select others so long as we can get them in the UK.

Just look into active studio monitors. There are too many choices between $100~$300. People are raving about the Adam Audio T5V. 

For $600 you can buy an entry level amp ($300) and a fantastic set of bookshelf speakers ($300). I absolutely LOVE the Q Acoustics lineup. The 3020 is joy in a box. 

I never tried AudioEngine speakers. They seem pricey for what they are. I mean, why wouldn’t you just get a studio monitor for $200?

Honestly at the higher end of things Edifier isn't that great. You can start buying gear from Jamo, Kanto , klipsch, the classic RB 42 paired with a $100 at least 80 w speaker amp. 

Iloid micro is ugly and sounds great as well. Mackie 624 and the vanatoo t0 and t1e  I hear is pretty good from reviews.  It I'm no speaker guy so I wouldn't listen to me just throwing out options I hear are good.