Planning build - is it compatible / there enough space?

Gol_D_Chris

Hello guys, 

I'm planning to build that PC in March for programming / AI / gaming. I'll might change a bit here and there based on deals, but it's probably ending with those parts.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€332.89 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€129.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€292.95 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  (€196.49 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€119.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (Purchased For €565.00) 
Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€120.11 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€106.10 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €1863.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-19 14:37 CET+0100

I'm from Germany and use a different site to check for the cheapest price, so that build will be 50€ cheaper than PCPP shows here.

I choose Asus/Corsair stuff, because I already own an Asus monitor and a Corsair keyboard. Since these companies announced iCUEs support for Asus motherboards it'll be handy for me to control almost everything with one RGB software :)

I'll guess the first recommendation for that build would be a cheaper motherboard, but I don't want to buy a new one when I upgrade my build the first time and Asus currently has a cashback promotion where I get 40€ back if I buy that motherboard (ends on the 27th Jan).

The case comes with 3 120mm fans in the front (intake). I'll let those there.

I plan to install the radiator of the CPU cooler at the top (exhaust), but I'm wondering if there's enough space or if RAM sticks would be in the way?

After finishing these parts I'll plan to:

• buy another 1-2 TB NVME M.2 SSD
  • maybe a big SSD/HDD for data (SSD/HDD depending on the market)
  • one more Corsair LL120 case fan for the back
  • two more 16 GB RAM sticks (if I need them in the future)

Would that be a good plan or is something a really bad decision?

3 minutes ago, filiboss123 said:

hello there!

Do you want to OC the cpu and gpu?

Probably yes, but not right from the start

it is hard to be sure but I think that the ram won't be a problem in what comes to interfiering with the AIO.

If it does, just put the radiator on the font as intake and use the fans that were in the front as exaust in the top.

41 minutes ago, filiboss123 said:

it is hard to be sure but I think that the ram won't be a problem in what comes to interfiering with the AIO.

If it does, just put the radiator on the font as intake and use the fans that were in the front as exaust in the top.

Well, that sounds like a simple solution :)

Thank you! :)

39 minutes ago, filiboss123 said:

If you are considering rgb, I would consider the trident z rgb ram/ trident z rgb neo.

What will you be doing with the build?

I'm a bit confused here. I already choose the Trident Z Neo or are there actually RGB Neo?

I read and heard that the Trident Z Neo is newer, but basically the same as the Trident Z RGB.

Machine learning / deep learning stuff, "usual" programming stuff and gaming

37 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Looks good, enjoy

Thank you :)

30 minutes ago, Gol_D_Chris said:

Well, that sounds like a simple solution :)

Thank you! :)

I'm a bit confused here. I already choose the Trident Z Neo or are there actually RGB Neo?

I read and heard that the Trident Z Neo is newer, but basically the same as the Trident Z RGB.

Machine learning / deep learning stuff, "usual" programming stuff and gaming

Thank you :)

https://www.newegg.com/global/de-en/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232861?Description=neo rgb&cm_re=neo_rgb-_-20-232-861-_-Product

Resultado de imagem para rgb neo

well trident z rgb neo exists, it is almost the same but is newer than the trident z rgb. G.SKILL says it is x570 and ryzen 3000 optimized, take it with a grain of salt though this is mostly markting.

I just have that suggestion.

I think it is a great build.

Now just send a picture of the system once you build it.?

55 minutes ago, filiboss123 said:

54 minutes ago, filiboss123 said:

well trident z rgb neo exists, it is almost the same but is newer than the trident z rgb. G.SKILL says it is x570 and ryzen 3000 optimized, take it with a grain of salt though this is mostly markting.

I just have that suggestion.

I think it is a great build.

Now just send a picture of the system once you build it.?

Ah, we're speaking of the same RAM.

I already linked the Trident Z Neo in my first post.

I was confused why you wrote Trident Z RGB Neo and I could only find the Trident Z RGB or Trident Z Neo ;)

I'll absolutely do that, but I'll have to wait till March :)