Random Reboots after update.

Mantabase

I've got random reboots on this system (and often).  Event log has odd errors I am not used to  - 5061, 5058, 1101, 4624 - throwing retried addresses on Disk 0 alerts as well.  Disk check cant get past 12% - but I can boot to windows (for now).  All happened after an update.

Looking for thoughts and solutions moving forward.  Looks like an intrusion and a physical SSD (boot drive) failure at the same time (so I doubt the former).  I'll compile the system specs - but any advice I would appreciate - on specific steps to take.  I really want to save the functionality of this system - willing to change hardware, but I really want to keep the installed stuff.  COuld I image the drive and replace it?

7 minutes ago, Mantabase said:

Oh - BTW, what is a good app to monitor temps just in case this is say an overheating CPU?

I use HWMonitor, it's quite useful for looking at other things such as fan speed, voltage and of course, CPU and GPU temps

Edit: as for the error codes, it may sound like you could have been the update itself causing this, have you tried to revert windows back to the version before the problems occured?

HWMoniterr.png

Edited by Malcolm199
adding information and question

It just restarted before POST I think - or right at the end of it - before the boot screen,

I will try reverting.  I am not sure that was on (who knows).  It was suspicious that it occurred after an update.  Some of the errors appear to be windows not finding particular files.

8.1 Pro 64 Bit

16GB (2D8) 1600Mhz

i5-4670K CPU @3.4/3.4 Currently running @3.71GHz? in Task manager (Is this thing OC'ed?).

EDIT - thanks for the reply BTW.

17 hours ago, Malcolm199 said:

So I couldn't restore because protection was off on that drive.  So, I tried to do a refresh.  Says files are missing needs install disk.  Insert windows 8 pro disk - says not valid.  Hmmm.....should be the right disk.

So, Update,  I did the refresh (serious pain) and the problem is still there.  Event logs don't mention the disk.  I think it is either the MB or the PSU.  It actually is losing power for a moment or being shut down - the fans spin down.  PSU?

27 minutes ago, Mantabase said:

So, Update,  I did the refresh (serious pain) and the problem is still there.  Event logs don't mention the disk.  I think it is either the MB or the PSU.  It actually is losing power for a moment or being shut down - the fans spin down.  PSU?

So, it just shut down.....30 seconds later I touched the MB and it restarted,  I just touched it....nothing else.

May have found the problem.....with another device on the circuit.   Ill update tomorrow.