Specific game crashing,11 days into troubleshooting...(The Division 2)

whysomad

Long thread.. 

Specs:

i5 4460

ZOTAC 1060 AMP! 6gb

16gb 1600mhz

GAME: Tom Clancy's The Division 2

I've been troubleshooting "The Division 2" for 11 days and didn't make any progress whatsoever. Went from reseating my hardware to changing a lot of BIOS settings [default and modified](recommended by Nvidia) to DDU'ing 15 different versions of drivers,game reinstallation,shadercache(dx11+dx12)/settings deletion and such.

Not a single thing helped and it's been a struggle to enjoy the game because of the FREEZES / CRASHES that happen after some period of playing and sometimes it plays out fine.

This only happens in Division 2,tested around 10+ other games,never had a single freeze/crash except here. Tried both DX11 and DX12.To note: Game runs perfectly fine,fps is perfectly fine for me,usage is okay (benchmark average: gpu 60% - cpu 95% - fps 91 [changes every bench but this is one of 'better' results with 416.34 driver]). Had some stutters in DX11 (had crashes even then),moved to DX12 all stutters and issues were gone except for freezes/crashes,game was smooth but didn't resolve my issue.

What basicly happens is I play the game normally,fps is perfectly fine,temps for CPU are around 48-52° and for GPU they proably never went OVER 60° which I think is perfectly fine after some period of playing,just purely doing missions/side-missions and such,game sometimes "permanently" freezes meaning it stays picture-frozen for a really long period,I tried to wait it out thinking SOMETHING will change but nothing,so I had to kill it via task manager (shows 0% cpu + 0% gpu usage and around 6-7gb of ram). Sometimes it crashes like.. even if I'm not doing anything and just like.. reloading guns or refilling bullets in safezone or ads'ing around world (just random examples,can happen everywhere) and then there's crashes mid missions (literally had to do some long missions for 5-6 times because of this) and such.

Now,I've talked to Nvidia,Microsoft AND UBISOFT but made absolutely no progress. Sent every log possible from dxdiag,msinfo to system logs,gpu usage logs when playing and bunch of other stuff and after getting so many replies and troubleshooting here I am...

Crash logs below,when I kill the game via task manager I don't get any logs.

Microsoft said my OS is fine (ran couple of repairing commands and given logs and such) and wasn't really helpful otherwise,Ubisoft is.. ehh.. kind of useless as usual,nvidia did give me ton of recommendations and tips on what to do/troubleshoot but still didn't help much. Still waiting for a reply but it might take time so I'm hoping I can find an answer somewhere else unless its the game itself (which I'm thinking since beginning) which I guess is my end for the game :(

To state: Never,ever had issues like this until Division 2 but I really want the game to work because I genuenly enjoy it but all these issues are just killing the vibe..

log1: https://prnt.sc/qodev6

log2: https://prnt.sc/qodexv

log3: https://prnt.sc/qodf1e

I think it's only those 2 logs on every crash basicly.. Tested around 15-20 driver versions,went all the way back to 397 and was going up to like 399,416-417,430 and almost every version after 430.64. Best 2 I had were 416.34 / 430.64 (performance wise)

Any recommendations? :(

6 minutes ago, whysomad said:

-snip-

have you tried to boot up a new install of windows and the game ?. had to do that with another game that did the same as what you are describing 

1 hour ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

have you tried to boot up a new install of windows and the game ?. had to do that with another game that did the same as what you are describing 

What? I have fresh windows anyway if that's what you're asking. If another fresh windows is required (even tho Microsoft themselves said everything is fine) then I'd rather quit the game. It's not any other game tho,its just division 2. There's a forum post about this same issue with like 44 pages of responses with people having same/similar issues but Ubi doesn't seem to care and people tend to tell me it's "drivers" because that's what the "event viewer" is saying yet I tested 15-20 versions,dch and standards and didn't change a thing. 

2 hours ago, whysomad said:

What? I have fresh windows anyway if that's what you're asking. If another fresh windows is required (even tho Microsoft themselves said everything is fine) then I'd rather quit the game. It's not any other game tho,its just division 2. There's a forum post about this same issue with like 44 pages of responses with people having same/similar issues but Ubi doesn't seem to care and people tend to tell me it's "drivers" because that's what the "event viewer" is saying yet I tested 15-20 versions,dch and standards and didn't change a thing. 

It may be just the game itself causing problems, maybe some broken patch or something. 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

1 hour ago, Whiro said:

It may be just the game itself causing problems, maybe some broken patch or something. 

Honestly it most likely is but since it's Ubisoft,don't think I'll be able to play game normally for next year+... Trying to do whatever I can but guess I ran out of options :( 

1 hour ago, whysomad said:

Honestly it most likely is but since it's Ubisoft,don't think I'll be able to play game normally for next year+... Trying to do whatever I can but guess I ran out of options :( 

You could try just installing Windows on a spare drive and just testing it out there to see if it really is Windows or just the game being the real issue.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

15 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

You could try just installing Windows on a spare drive and just testing it out there to see if it really is Windows or just the game being the real issue.

Did,didn't help,at this point I can just forget about the game. Just tested it with everything cleaned up and it crashes at END of like a 40ish minute mission (and that's when you actually get a 'real reward' for finishing the mission). 

Now it's "guaranteed" it isn't Windows or anything related from my side. Can be either some Nvidia based issue/driver-wise because that's what the "error log" shows or it could be just Ubisoft being Ubisoft again because from what I've seen on its forums,there's no way they'll be fixing this anytime soon,unfortunate.. I knew it wasn't windows from the get-go bcs I even talked to them,checked all logs,live chat,let them remote my pc and check stuff,everything was fine. 
But I appriciate the response,11 days of troubleshooting was NOT worth... 

1 minute ago, whysomad said:

Did,didn't help,at this point I can just forget about the game. Just tested it with everything cleaned up and it crashes at END of like a 40ish minute mission. 

Now it's guaranteed it isn't Windows or anything related from my side. Can be either some Nvidia based issue/driver-wise because that's what the "error log" shows or it could be just Ubisoft being Ubisoft again because from what I've seen on its forums,there's no way they'll be fixing this anytime soon,unfortunate.. I knew it wasn't windows from the get-go bcs I even talked to them,checked all logs,live chat,let them remote my pc and check stuff,everything was fine. 
But I appriciate the response,11 days of troubleshooting was NOT worth... 

Ubisoft isn't exactly known for optimizing their game, which is unfortunate.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

Ubisoft isn't exactly known for optimizing their game, which is unfortunate.

I mean when it comes to optimization,The Crew 2 was one of best optimized games I played and Division 2 isn't AS BAD as some other games.. Or atleast DX12 isn't from my experience. But it's not even optimization,this is just freezes/crashes,my fps was perfectly fine during all these gameplays.. I locked fps to 80 (less input lag,not that I had much) and I don't think it ever drops below like 75 unless I'm in open world and in safe zones which are "famous" for having lower framerate. 

I just feel bad that I wasted so much time being a clown and thinking it's actually an "issue" on my part. 

Still,imo,they probably make best games out there,optimization and servers are their biggest issue unfortunately :( 
Thank you tho.