Replacing Commander Pro with Lighting Node Pro

Aaralli

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I have a question about Corsair iCUE profiles and switching hardware. I want to remove the iCUE Commander Pro from my PC and replace it with a Lighting Node Pro because it takes up less room. I'll still have all of my hardware lighting set up the same way in the same lighting channels, so will my current iCUE profiles still work the same without me having to change anything or redo all of my settings?

The lighting node pro only controls RGB strips, i got one and thought i could connect my fan to it but couldn't, but if you don't need to control fans with it the profiles should remain the same

8 minutes ago, Crunken said:

The lighting node pro only controls RGB strips, i got one and thought i could connect my fan to it but couldn't, but if you don't need to control fans with it the profiles should remain the same

If you connect the Node Pro to an rgb hub and then a fan it works fine. I'm just not sure if my corsair profiles will register the same.

1 hour ago, Aaralli said:

If you connect the Node Pro to an rgb hub and then a fan it works fine. I'm just not sure if my corsair profiles will register the same.

Node Pro controls RGB, but won't control fan speeds. I use one with 5 HD RGB fans and 2 light strips, and have never had control over fan speeds, only the RGB. I would make a backup of your profiles before you switch things out, maybe take screenshots of all your settings in case you have to dial them in again. Have you looked on the Corsair forums to see if anyone answered this question there?

8 hours ago, Aaralli said:

isn't it just more worth to have the Commander Pro rather than a node and a fan hub? or is it that much larger?

9 hours ago, Crunken said:

isn't it just more worth to have the Commander Pro rather than a node and a fan hub? or is it that much larger?

its probably 3 times the size

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

12 hours ago, Crunken said:

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

its probably 3 times the size

So... does anyone know about my iCUE profile question?