About fullscreen apps and Alt+tab

Dipypang

Guys,

Here are 2 examples apps.

Dota2 and PUBG.

These are fullscreen games, when I alt+tab from Dota2, it works fine. But everytime when I alt+tab from PUBG, the screen will go black and on again just like changing a display source and it fails sometimes(the PUBG becomes undetected and the screen just went off with “no source detected”). Then I‘ll need to either alt+tab to desktop, force close the PUBG and re-open or replug the monitor’s power cord to get the PUBG display back (it’s not the monitor’s problem I think because I still can get my display when I alt+tab to desktop).

Is this normal? Anyone can explain this? Hmm

It's just the game is unoptimized so some engines bug out this way.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

To phrase @Samfisher’s comment another way, it’s not you, it’s not windows, and it’s not your machine.  It’s pubG.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

56 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

It's just the game is unoptimized so some engines bug out this way.

41 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

To phrase @Samfisher’s comment another way, it’s not you, it’s not windows, and it’s not your machine.  It’s pubG.

Are you guys PUBG players maybe? Have you guys had this same issue?

At first I thought it’s my machine’s problem and I got really disappointed as they’re my first higher end rigs.

3 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

At first I thought it’s my machine’s problem and I got really disappointed as they’re my first higher end rigs.

Rofl. I played it for a bit on my phone till I realized o was only fighting bots and when I found human players I insta died.  I suck at pubG so hard it’s almost noteworthy.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Rofl. I played it for a bit on my phone till I realized o was only fighting bots and when I found human players I insta died.  I suck at pubG so hard it’s almost noteworthy.

LOL same man, I jumped from plane, loot then die. For 3 hours without even kill a single player. +that issue really made me had a bad day.

57 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

I have PUBG....but I don't think I've ever played more than 15 mins of it hahaha.  I can try installing it tonight and see if fullscreen alt tabbing does the same thing, although I suspect it would.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

34 minutes ago, Dipypang said:

LOL same man, I jumped from plane, loot then die. For 3 hours without even kill a single player. +that issue really made me had a bad day.

This is the big problem with pubG imho.  There’s too big a learning curve and the definition between master and meat is very very narrow.  I keep seeing these complaints from streaming players that amount to “everyone is hiding from us” though it’s never said that way. Damn right they are.  The ones that didn’t rage quit anyway.  The thing that makes me not be annoyed with pubG is that it’s free.  If I’d payed $40 to have that kind of garbage time I’d want it back from someone.

1 hour ago, Samfisher said:

I have PUBG....but I don't think I've ever played more than 15 mins of it hahaha.  I can try installing it tonight and see if fullscreen alt tabbing does the same thing, although I suspect it would.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

This is the big problem with pubG imho.  There’s too big a learning curve and the definition between master and meat is very very narrow.  I keep seeing these complaints from streaming players that amount to “everyone is hiding from us” though it’s never said that way. Damn right they are.  The ones that didn’t rage quit anyway.  The thing that makes me not be annoyed with pubG is that it’s free.  If I’d payed $40 to have that kind of garbage time I’d want it back from someone.

That game is really too advance, need a lot of time to practice and I’m giving up LOL.

btw, here is the best explanation for fullscreen apps problem 

https://www.howtogeek.com/181761/why-pc-games-struggle-with-alttab-and-how-to-fix-it/

Just now, Dipypang said:

That game is really too advance, need a lot of time to practice and I’m giving up LOL.

btw, here is the best explanation for fullscreen apps problem 

https://www.howtogeek.com/181761/why-pc-games-struggle-with-alttab-and-how-to-fix-it/

I attempted to stalk a guy once.  He one shot me through the windows and doors of no joke three buildings from halfway across the town with a weapon I didn’t have a prayer of getting ahold of because the game had only started like a minute previously.  I think I had a shotgun.  The guy had to know the shot was even possible, have a weapon that could make the shot, know exactly where I was, run to the place he could do it, and make the shot.  I honestly do not want to have in my brain the amount of knowledge about a game necessary to pull something like that.