Unknown notification when alt-tabbing (annoying af)

ElGoblino777

Hey everyone. I've got a weird problem on my newly-built (2 weeks) pc running windows 10 that's really bugging me out. And the reason it's so annoying is because i don't know how to type in google about my problem, i tried to phrase it differently, but it's never what i'm looking for, so i came here to ask for a real human help rather than google's search algorithm.

Basically, when i'm in full-screen mode in an app (not sure if it only happens this way), like an image viewer or a music player that shows me an album cover in full-screen, if i switch (alt-tab) to a different window it will play a notification sound, and i have no idea where it comes from.

able to screen record or something to get a clip of the sound? if i'm not wrong if you have geforce experience and an nvidia gpu you can press alt+z to screen record

Looking at what apps are running in the background would be a good start. Make a screenshot of Task Manager \ Process Explorer \ Process Hacker.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Windows will pause notifications if something is in full screen and then as soon as you exit full screen it delivers the notification.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

I think Cortana Focus Assist is where you can adjust this, but if you want to see what it's notifying you about then you can find that with the Notification icon on the far right of the taskbar.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 hour ago, Juular said:

Looking at what apps are running in the background would be a good start. Make a screenshot of Task Manager \ Process Explorer \ Process Hacker.

Okay, i've figured out what app the notification is coming from, it's eset nod32, i remember disabling the pop-ups and leaving just the sound of notification, but i still don't get why it keeps notifying me?

4 minutes ago, ElGoblino777 said:

Okay, i've figured out what app the notification is coming from, it's eset nod32, i remember disabling the pop-ups and leaving just the sound of notification, but i still don't get why it keeps notifying me?

Game mode turning on\off probably.

3 minutes ago, Juular said:

Game mode turning on\off probably.

Haha exactly, after discovering what caused the problem i was able to google it and found a solution, just had to disable "automatic gAmEr MoDe turn on when in full-screen". Thanks nonetheless.

1 minute ago, ElGoblino777 said:

Haha exactly, after discovering what caused the problem i was able to google it and found a solution, just had to disable "automatic gAmEr MoDe turn on when in full-screen". Thanks nonetheless.

Всегда пожалуйста.