Asus support help (a new horror story)

Hi,

The fun began when I decided to build a computer 1 1/2 years ago. As a teen with no job I was relegated to mowing lawns, walking dogs and painting fences. During the last 6 months i began to research and build my parts list. Now being stupid I whent onto the asus support and asked their support people about a mobo i had heard would work, (prime b450 plus). There they told me that yes it would support sli. Turns out it does not... so I whent and talked to them and of course the first guy i talked to was the one (melvin j.) with the bad info in the first place... I ended running circles with him and finally got a case assigned. Now i am waiting for a manager to call me. What i want is for them to replace my mobo with one that does SLI. (Preferably the crosshair vii hero (wifi)). I have evidence against Melvin in the form of screenshots. Any tips/advice/ideas to get what I want?

7 minutes ago, Stormfront Tech said:

Hi,

The fun began when I decided to build a computer 1 1/2 years ago. As a teen with no job I was relegated to mowing lawns, walking dogs and painting fences. During the last 6 months i began to research and build my parts list. Now being stupid I whent onto the asus support and asked their support people about a mobo i had heard would work, (prime b450 plus). There they told me that yes it would support sli. Turns out it does not... so I whent and talked to them and of course the first guy i talked to was the one (melvin j.) with the bad info in the first place... I ended running circles with him and finally got a case assigned. Now i am waiting for a manager to call me. What i want is for them to replace my mobo with one that does SLI. (Preferably the crosshair vii hero (wifi)). I have evidence against Melvin in the form of screenshots. Any tips/advice/ideas to get what I want?

Hmmm ? I wonder how this story end up. I highly doubt they will replace you the board for higher tier one but well it’s clearly miss formation from the asus (melvin) side.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

37 minutes ago, Stormfront Tech said:

Hi,

I doubt they would offer you a replacement board with SLI compatibility. They're definitely not going to upgrade you to a ROG board. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

what you mean from the website?is it not posted on the asus website if it supports sli?

B450 doesn't support SLI, regardless of the exact model or who manufactured it, be it ASUS or someone else. B450 compatibility with multiple graphics cards is written explicitly in the product description. Therefore, I am not sure how this can be classified as a "horror story with Asus support." Yes, someone might have screwed up, but that happens. Unless you bought the motherboard from Asus directly, which I don't believe you did, there is nothing much that can be done.  

Considering the only AMD boards that support SLI are x470 and x570, which cost considerably more, I don't think that anyone will upgrade you to such a motherboard for free. Best case scenario or you would be to get a couple of percent discount for buying another ASUS product from a qualified vendor. Mind you, this is only if you can prove to them that this "Melvin" assured you  can run SLI on a b450 board and you still have the receipt for the Asus B450 prime.  I am telling you all of this as someone who works in customer support and with some power in deciding on similar cases. From my experience, when something like this happens and the device isn't purchased from the manufacturer directly, the customer is to take it up with the vender and you can imagine how that goes. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Thank give for saving you the cost of a second GPU that will be idle/not functioning most of the time anyway

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

• 3 weeks later...

Follow the latest updates In my active posts, some pretty interesting stuff has happened!